Re: [Huntingtons Disease Support Club] Hope to be chating with ya soon,java problems

  • Rebecca Ollikainen
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      My sweet husband Allan was diagnosed in May of this year. We are just begining our hd journey. He is doing well and his mood is up-beat. How did you handle things when you first found out? We've been married for 33 years and he is still the love of my life. I want to do the very best for him. What do I need to know. Love, Becky

      wakunjawakeena <wakunjawakeena@...> wrote:For right now I just wanna say ,I wish everyone the best under these times. I've was diagnosed about 5 years back. If my spelling off it's because of my depleeted consentration, anyway,hope to be chating soon with ya.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • becky mills
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        Rebecca. I feel for you. We just got back from the hospital last night. My husbands sister is in her second stage of Hd and was just diagnosed back in March. I will tell to find a support group in your area. Although your husband has the HD disease you also will feel the strain of emotions. If you see any changes in his behavior or motor skills since medical attention fast. His medication may need another change. And he may like my sister change often. She has shown the mental effects for almost 15 years, but ive only known her for 8 now. When the involuntary movements of the limbs set in last night it really can be scary and wake you up to the reality of this nightmare. You as a wife must be strong and ease his worries. My husband doesnt want to get tested and according to the age of 35-50 i still have 10 years of watching him and lets not go to the 6 children and his sisters 2. Anyway, you are in my heart and I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness. Love Rebecca Mills.

        Rebecca Ollikainen <earjolli@...> wrote:My sweet husband Allan was diagnosed in May of this year. We are just begining our hd journey. He is doing well and his mood is up-beat. How did you handle things when you first found out? We've been married for 33 years and he is still the love of my life. I want to do the very best for him. What do I need to know. Love, Becky