curious

  • nilez5
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
      my name is nick. I'm new to this support group and want to say hi to
      everyone in it.

      I'm a student at wesleyan university. I'm working on a thesis which
      involves understanding how genetic information alters the way people
      experience and understand their body. I'm especially interested in
      the effects of presymptomatic screening. I have taken ethics courses
      that kind of touch on the implications of such tests but I wanted to
      talk to people who had direct experience. I thought that this venue
      would be a good place to start. Is this a topic that people wouldn't
      mind discussing?
    • Trisha Munn
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
        Hi Nick,
        My name is Trish, and my husband's family has the hunington's gene. His mother died from complications from it, his older brother is on meds for it and his sister is showing signs. Are you at the Wesleyan University in Virginia Beach...if you don't mind my asking. I think this would be an excellent topic to discuss.
        nilez5 <nkatona@...> wrote:my name is nick. I'm new to this support group and want to say hi to
        everyone in it.

        I'm a student at wesleyan university. I'm working on a thesis which
        involves understanding how genetic information alters the way people
        experience and understand their body. I'm especially interested in
        the effects of presymptomatic screening. I have taken ethics courses
        that kind of touch on the implications of such tests but I wanted to
        talk to people who had direct experience. I thought that this venue
        would be a good place to start. Is this a topic that people wouldn't
        mind discussing?

        Trisha Munn

        ICQ# 16636097

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
          I wouldn't mind answering any questions you would like
          to ask.

          Betsy

          --- nilez5 <nkatona@...> wrote:
          > my name is nick. I'm new to this support group and
          > want to say hi to
          > everyone in it.
          >
          > I'm a student at wesleyan university. I'm working
          > on a thesis which
          > involves understanding how genetic information
          > alters the way people
          > experience and understand their body. I'm
          > especially interested in
          > the effects of presymptomatic screening. I have
          > taken ethics courses
          > that kind of touch on the implications of such tests
          > but I wanted to
          > talk to people who had direct experience. I thought
          > that this venue
          > would be a good place to start. Is this a topic
          > that people wouldn't
          > mind discussing?

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/