Re: [Huntingtons Disease Support Club] Has any one seen it through to the end?

  • Miranda
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14 2:00 PM
      Hello

      I kept my father at home till the end of life with hd. I am here to talk.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 14, 2013, at 1:53 PM, "Rhonda" <walk76@...> wrote:

      Do you have a Family member that you kept at home till the total end of life with Huntington's???? If so please contact me I need someone to talk to about this

    • Rhonda
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14 9:01 PM
        I have had my oldest sister in my home for 5 years and I believe she is in her end days.... She started going down hill 9 1/2 weeks ago but she is real bad now she no longer can hardly swallow she has signed papers in the effect that she DOES NOT want a feeding tube... So in effect she is starving to death as she now is even refusing the protein shakes she is down to about 65 -75 lbs.... It is just so heart wrenching and I feel like I am all alone in this even with Hospice and my immed. family hubby and kids around me.... None of our other siblings are or have ever been involved in her care just me and her against the world.... Fighting against a ghost

        --- In huntingtonsdiseasesupportclub@yahoogroups.com, Miranda <ladybugangel09@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > I kept my father at home till the end of life with hd. I am here to talk.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On May 14, 2013, at 1:53 PM, "Rhonda" <walk76@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Do you have a Family member that you kept at home till the total end of life with Huntington's???? If so please contact me I need someone to talk to about this

      • Terri girl
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15 5:25 AM

          my brother Rick drowned 2 yrs  this June 11 2013 he wondered away from home & fell in the falls  2 blocks from his home,.. His daughter stayed with him & she spent the night some where else that day. .not  blaming her she had to get away some to save her sanity but anyway Rick was in last stage & he was so weak he could never had saved his self.    he started showing signs about 10 yrs ago maybe sooner.  He made so many bad decision   , our dad had HD so we knew what was coming. He never complained not once but oh what stress, he had so much trouble eating   last  yr chocked a lot, please I'm here if you need to vent , only those that have lived through it understand.           hang in there     Terri   ( I really miss him but wouldn`t want him back like that I know hes in heaven & riding that bike he loved so much to ride & hes whole again)
           Terri girl