Hello

  • Allison K
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 30, 2012
      My name is Ally and I have a half-brother who will be 38 at the end of October who may have this disease. My half-brother, who is also an alcoholic, had an issue a few weeks back where he was sitting at the kitchen table and his hand started shaking. Then he fell on the floor and was having what he & my half-sister called a seizure. My brother went to the walk in clinic by my dads(he has no job/insurance) and they told him he has trace amounts of this disease in his blood. From my understanding of reading things online this disease is not curable & progresses more quickly in those who are substance abusers. From onset it is said the person has 10-20 years before death. My brother has been drinking heavily since my mom's mom and her brother passed away roughly 11 years ago. He's been to AA, court ordered rehab, jail & nothing seems to keep him from going back to drinking. He exhibits many of the signs/symptoms of the disease including hallucinations. He woke my dad up at 3 in the morning to tell him his sister and her niece were there. Obviously not true. Any advice, information, suggestions, etc you could offer would be appreciated thank you!
    • Jen
      Message 49 of 49 , Jan 20, 2013
        It's been awhile since I have posted here. I just wanted to say hello and send my prayers out to anyone who may need them. XOXO