Re: [huntington's at risk] Suicide attempt

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
      I'm behind obviously in my emails.  Rebecca, I 'm very sorry to hear your family going through this.  My father took his life to end it early.  I still have certain guilt feelings, but the reality of it is that HD killed him before that.  My Dad just couldn't continue "just surviving".

      I wouldn't worry about your husband doing the same.  Firstly, he may be negative which solves a lot!  Secondly, there are daily advances in medical treatments to slow progression and to treat depression.  Cross that bridge when its time.  Living at risk you both need to focus on today and of course his father.  (AND your new arrival, of course!)

      Care to chat send me an email.  I'd be glad to listen.

      Scott