Re: [huntington's at risk] Helloo Jenny!

  • Sue Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi Jenny welcome to At Risk and I am sorry about your Dad. I am not At Risk but a caregiver; I have two sons that are at risk and we lost their Dad seven years ago due to complications with HD. Please feel free to talk about what is on your mind, ask questions and just know you are not alone. This is a good group and we do help support people and give out our experiences of how we have lived with HD. Once you join a HD group you have entered into an extended family who knows what you are talking about without explanation of what the disease is first. We all laugh, cry, vent, and learn to deal with things. Not all the information will be what you can use so take what you can, think it over and hopefully it will help you deal with your situation. In this group there are people who are At Risk, have HD, caregivers and family and friends, I have opened up the group like this because you never know where your best support for information might be. One thing I have learned by going to chat rooms and posting in groups was that a person with HD can teach you more about the disease than anyone I know of. Not just how they act but if they open up their lives it teaches you how they feel inside and that can be an eye opener for sure. At Risk individuals can empathize with your situation because they have been there and done that, and caregivers are able to give you a opinion that is not biased. This combination has worked pretty well for a few years and I hope it can continue until that special day comes when someone will announce the CURE.

      Susie

      Email: angelrose@...
      Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/susie_que_56/angelwhispers51.htm
      Yahoo ID:  susie_que_56
      AIM: susiemayhem

      "One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams."
      E. V. Lucas
      Cure Huntington's Disease