Repost 5361

  • Sue Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:15 am
      Re: [huntington's at risk] Tell kids' bio-fathers?

      Hi Sue!

      That's my thought.  My D's father is working as a *********************contractor  **********.  I was thinking if roles were reversed I would want to know so I can study this disease, find out more about it so I can try to help my child if need be.  I was thinking of typing him a letter and try to explain it in simple terms (he isn't very smart).  And include some lit off the 'net and include links he can further read about.

      My son's dad, well he just reentered son's life.  He has been in and out the  past 4 years.  So, I don't know if or when he should be told.

      Jennifer

      Sue Adams <angelrose@...> wrote:
      Jennifer there is never a good right time to tell someone about  HD, you know that, most of us do. I feel that they need to be told about the risk of their children. Whether they do anything about it is up to them; but at least you know you have done your part. Should heaven forbid something happen some time it is nice that the other side of the family knows about the history. But lets hope nothing ever happens! Good luck Jennifer

      Susie

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2006
        HELLO, TO ALL MY NAME IS TRACY BRADY!! I USED TO CHAT IN HERE ALOT!! I HAVE HD AS SO DOES MY BROTHER!! HE HAS A SON WHO IS ONLY 7 THAT WAS JUST DIAGNOST WITH JHD!! NO BODY HAS HAD JHD EVER!! HIS ## ARE   85/22!!! WE ARE SICK!!!! PLEASE HELP ME FIND INF, ON IT I USED TO BUT CAN'T EVEN GET THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN ALSO USE MY MESS, IN YAHOO!!!     IT IS sweetncute_1963@...             god bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!