Hello Megan

  • alisha83081
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Its very scary to think that one day you may or may not be very
      sick.. I have watched my grandfather get very sick from HD.. My
      mother and uncle is also sick.. I am not sure about the male or
      female passing the gene.. To be honest with you I know really hardly
      nothing about the disease just what the symp. are and what the out
      come will be if you have it.. The scarest part about my family is
      that no one who as been tested as came out neg.. everyone has been
      pos.. to me thats not good chances and i am very worried about that..
      i do know that your mind can play games with you because at nite i
      can be laying in bed and just think about HD and my leg jerks or my
      arm will move and of course its going through my head theres my
      sign.. i have many restless nights and long days.. i fell that i do
      want to be tested but i want the doc to call only if its neg.. but of
      course no call would be horrable.. HEHE.. at this point i am very
      affraid of what may come of the results but i am going to go ahead
      and start the process.. i read one message and this gentalmen asked
      if anything would change if it came neg or pos.. i guess it would be
      diffrent and some disissons would not be as hard to make.. for
      instance my husband and i are thinking of having another baby but i
      dont want my children to go through what i have.. i think if i do
      find out then we will not have anymore children.. if i am neg.. i may
      have 4 or 5 more who knows.. i just think that if you have not been
      tested knowing is better that not knowing.. i have bet my self up the
      past few years with what ifs and i think its time to change all
      that... I feel better now that i have said that.. i dont know why
      but just talkin about it makes it a little easier.. its hard to talk
      with a family memeber who is HD pos.. or a family memeber in
      gen...thanks everyone who has read this whole message.. and i am
      sorry its so long...
    • Meghan S