Re: (unknown)

  • susie_que_56
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
      Choosing is the name of the game in HD. Right now your 8 year old son
      needs his Mom to be there for him. Even though it is not his fault,
      Dad won't be able to be there for him. Dad is sick and your son will
      come to see that in time if he doesn't right now. At eight they are
      pretty keen on their suroundings. So please be careful should he ask
      questions and be sure you tell him the truth. I have seen what
      happens when the truth isa with held or some decide that they are not
      old enough to know the truth. I can not really say if the way I did
      it was right in telling my kids about HD but at least it was not
      hidden.

      Your son needs a parent to be there for him, so should you bring
      Tommy home and he goes off the deep end and hurts you really bad
      while drinking. Who is there for your son? And when Tommy gets in
      these situations is your son there to see what he does to you? All
      this can and might cause damage to your son. When a pHD goes into a
      rage their strength seems trippled and you are just clay for him to
      do what ever he wants with your son looking on. Even though it is HD
      and not the "real" Dad he sees it happening. I know as it happened in
      my house to my youngest son who never knew his "real" Daddy. Frank
      got sick just as Scott was born. Scott saw his Dad's rages and how he
      took after me sometimes. The rages Frank got into was so bad at times
      that I woke Scott up and took him to a safe place to stay for a few
      days. So their fits or rages can get that bad. Matter of fact they
      can get real bad. Some last forever like Frank's did or after a while
      they leave as fast as they came. They are very hard to know just when
      they will hit or how bad they will be. That is why you have to take
      care of you. Guilt is something we all feel, it is just part of being
      a caregiver. We all go through it, I know I did and still wonder did
      I do all that I could. You have to do what is best for you and your
      son. Tommy is sick there is not a thing you can do to change that
      fact... sad to say. So before you bring Tommy home please be sure you
      both will be safe. I hope this makes sense as my mind has been
      wondering tonight and I only have a short time on someone elses
      computer.

      Susie
    • Rgagnes123@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 25, 2003
        Kristen,

        I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.  My mother passed away at 48 and i was devastated.  It took me some time to get over losing her.  I wish you the best and my prayers are with you.

        Sally
      • mitchpalm@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 29, 2003
          If you test negative your daughter will NOT have to be tested, but if you test positive your child stands 50% chance of having H D.
          But they will not test a child until they are old enough to understand just how serious being at risk would be.
          Hope this helps
          Carol
        • Susie
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2005
            I don't know if this will help you.  While my husband was still alive, he had that problem the last 6-8 months (although he did not have a feeding tube).  I talked to his Dr. and we got home health and then Hospice and they both provided us with a suction machine.

            Hope that this helps
            Susie
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 16 6:28 PM
              Me too Clara as I was in there and it booted me and now I can not get back
              in. Yahoo does that to you and boy does it make a person mad at times. Did
              you get the download at first? I even rebooted my puter 3 times with no
              luck. You might want to check in links that you have the java script to get
              into chat. If you need any more help just holler and someone will help you
              as best we can.

              Susie

              Email: angelrose@...
              Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/susie_que_56/angelwhispers51.htm
              Yahoo ID: susie_que_56
              AIM: susiemayhem

              A Friend Is One Who Comes In When The Whole World Has Gone Out
              Cure Huntington's Disease

            • Vada Mercer
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 23, 2005
                My prayers will be with you, Sherry.  I know you must be terribly afraid.  I'm so sorry you're in this awful situation.  There's hope....One of my 4 children decided to be tested and the test came back negative!  The others have decided not to test.
                Love,
                Vada (wife of Phd, Bob with 3 children of 4 at risk and 8 grandkids out of 9 at risk)
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 23, 2005
                  thanks so much for your prayers Vada--- In
                  huntingtonsatrisk@yahoogroups.com, "Vada Mercer" <vadamercer@s...>
                  wrote:
                  > My prayers will be with you, Sherry. I know you must be terribly
                  afraid. I'm so sorry you're in this awful situation. There's
                  hope....One of my 4 children decided to be tested and the test came
                  back negative! The others have decided not to test.
                  > Love,
                  > Vada (wife of Phd, Bob with 3 children of 4 at risk and 8
                  grandkids out of 9 at risk)

                  -----------
                • Sue Adams
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 23, 2005
                    Hi Sherry and welcome to At Risk Group. I am very sorry to hear you have so
                    many in your family with HD. And now a sister to boot, I can understand why
                    you have to know one way or another. All I have to say is I hope you are
                    prepared and the very best to you. Please keep us posted and know we are
                    here for you! ((((((((((SHERRY))))))))))
                    Susie
                    > Hi all. My name is Sherry. I am a 37 yr old at risk. My grandmother,
                    > great uncle,mother,aunt,2 uncles, and a cousin have all died with HD.
                    > And now it begins all over again with our generation. My sister, who
                    > has been my mother,best friend and sister all rolled in to one, now
                    > has it. I never thought I would want to be tested, but I have made
                    > the
                    > decision to go ahead and do it. My appointment is 9/27/05. Scared to
                    > death.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >

                    > --

                  • Michelle Routhieaux
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 24, 2009

                      I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

                      Michelle

                      Find success and happiness with drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Click now.

                    • Rhonda Holscher
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 24, 2009
                        thank you so much it is much appreciated.

                          Rhonda Holscher

                        (513) 309-8335

                        rrholscher@...

                        sawedoffrunt69@...