7284RE: Positive Testing Stories?

  • sbrooks11
    Mar 6, 2014
      Hi Jennifer, I am sorry to hear about your dad having this. My foster son's mother died of Huntington's but didn't know she could have it until she got ill. My son decided to get tested and he is positive.. He is not sorry he got tested but the hardest thing for him is that he has four children. And I don't think that his wife really wants to know anything about the disease. I did contact the H.D. Foundation and got lots of information and I think that has really helped me know what to expect. I agree with the other person who answered you. This is your choice and only you can decide if testing is the best thing for you. If you do get tested, try to have your best friend with you when you get your results, if you are positive it is not a walk you want to make alone but with the support and love of your family and friends. You sound like a wise person so either way you will get through this. You will be in my prayers. God bless, Sharon
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic