7282Positive Testing Stories?

  • karmicentropy
    Mar 5, 2014
      Hi, I'm Jennifer, I am 35 years old, and I found out this weekend that my biological father died with Huntington's Disease through the obituary section of the paper. I had never known him, just his name and some basic facts, but he never wanted to contact me, so I didn't reach out to him either.
      So I am at risk. I am now going through the conundrum of whether or not to test, and I would like to hear stories (good and bad) of people's experiences with having a positive test result. I will be attending genetic counseling, but in my opinion, real life stories really help me in most situations, because they can tell me the what-ifs 6 ways to Sunday, and I still can't grasp possible outcomes.

      Thanks,
      Jennifer
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic