7263Introduction and HD page changes

  • Lynn Pfister
    Jan 14, 2013
      The majortity of you know me but for those who don't I'll take a second to introduce myself. I am 30 and am in stage 1 of my HD progression. Right now its mainly the emotional aspects of the disease with a few shakes, jitters and memory loss.  I tested positive for HD in 2004 and was officially diagnosed in 2010. A huge amount of my family members have it, including my brother. My mother passed away from the HD Monster on 12-25-03 at the young age of 46 after I chose to have a feeding tube inserted after numerous choking issues. She never regained consciousness after the surgery and died 8 days later. Her death still weighs heavy on my heart as it was my choice to have her go into surgery. I have two amazing children who have the chance to get it. The 1900 mile quest I am taking on isn't just for my generation, but for the generation I couldn't save and the future generation who are presently fighting over the remote. Its for all of us. Pre-symptomatic, symptomatic, at risk, caregiver, etc. Everyone knows what diabetes is, but hardly anyone knows what HD is, I hope my walk changes that. Sorry I haven't been on for quite some time, but with the holidays, children and personal issues, things have been pretty crazy around here. I'm happy to finally get a chance to breathe!!  LOL I hope this message finds everyone happy and in good health, this devil disease can take a toll on everyone whom is affected by it, patients, family, friends, caregivers, the list could go on and on. Hope everyone had a safe Christmas and New years, theres been too many angels earning their wings during this time but thank you Lord that they are no longer suffering. They have gotten back everything they've lost from Huntington's and are whole again. Got 100% medical clearance and less than a year and a half to train. I got the blessing that I desperately needed from my son to do this journey and help save lives. Still postponing it for that year, need to know for my own sense of well being that he is going to be ok. I have changed my fundraiser website, I was very unhappy with fundly and their service, the new site is http://www.giveforward.com/1900forhuntingtonsdisease