Re: Hey All

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2011
      Hello everyone. Photo of Trebizond at Barcaldine last year. We are hoping to bring her home to Bishop's Bay on Sunday next.

      --- In hunter34@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinkahl@...> wrote:

      > We have some new members, Welcome, and we have some new apps on the site. I'm getting tired of looking at my boat pictures someone please post something;)

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2011
        Drew
        Trebizond is a beautiful boat how old is she? Bishop's Bay from what I can see on the internet looks like a great spot to sail. I'll post some pictures from around here the Columbia Gorge and I'll see if I can get some pictures of the North Washington Coast next month.
        Kevin

      • DMcSlack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011
          Kevin,
          Trebizond's hull was built in 1982 but she and another 5 hulls were then
          shipped from the UK to Sri Lanka to be fitted out. We are aware that at least
          one other of the six is also in Scotland, we met the owners in Tobermory
          in 2009 when we took a few days out to sail around the Isle of Mull. Treb
          has some exotic features inside, including bulkhead doors adorned with very
          pretty carved dancers!
          If you googled Bishop's Bay you may have come across this link
          _http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotlandflavour/3100274867/_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotlandflavour/3100274867/)

          Which shows Trebizond at her permanent mooring ( we have another a mile or
          so to the south west at Lettermore, Ballachulish closer to our house.) I'm
          also pleased to say that we managed to launch her on Sunday last, as
          described and she is now back in Bishop's Bay. We are looking forward to a good
          season to come. Link to our club website below for your interest.

          _http://glencoeboatclub.org.uk/_ (http://glencoeboatclub.org.uk/)

          Regards

          Drew McFarlane-Slack MBE
          Seaview