Grounds from riggging to keel

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2008
      How many of you still have the original grounds in place, if not why
      did you remove them?
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2009
        If you leave thoose grounds in place they will eat your keel! You need to put a zinc bonding plate on your hull and ground to that.
      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2010
          --- In hunter34@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinkahl@...> wrote:

          > How many of you still have the original grounds in place, if not why
          > did you remove them?

          I have since had a grounding shoe installed to the port of the engine and ran all of the rigging grounds that where factory to the keel to the shoe. This should save the keel from electrolysis and the mast and wiring from lightning.
          Kevin