Re: HUM_FORUM: thoughts

  • weels
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 30, 2007
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "mack_colin" <mack_colin@...> wrote:
      >Veady intedestink!
      I'll check that out. I'm thinking you might be on to something there.
      Thanks for posting that.
      -TC
      > Quote from CAROL I'm 57... Started hearing the hum in my mid-40s.
      > Could be age-related, but it seems odd that it would just "turn on"
      > one day and then never stop.
      >
      > Hi Carol, I have like many others checked on the internet to see
      > what we think causes the hum.
      >
      > The besdt fit theory for age related hum, (as most of us are middle
      > aged ) seems to be Calcite crystals in your ear.
      >
      > These crystals grow in the voids of the inner ear area, and do
      > vibrate with electro magnetic waves.
      >
      > I only hear the hum in my right ear, so this could be why it occurs
      > in one ear but not both, as these crystals have to be exactly in
      > resonance with te hum frequencies.
      >
      > You can read more about it via a search engine.
      >
      > Cheers Colin , Scotland

    • weels
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 30, 2007
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Susan Schmitt <blue_agate11@...> wrote:
        >Colin,
        how do we get them dang crystals out of ears man?!
        LOL!!
        You left me hangin' here with a hum in my ear.
        Hey. That 's kind of a rhyme!
        Let the dang thing hum all it wants as long as I don't have to hear
        it. I've gone to listening to some of the new hard rock that the
        younger folks like just to drown it out. By the way, some of the music
        ain't bad. Check out Nickelback and Godsmack! LOL!
        Thanks all.
        Take care. -TC

        > Hi Mack: I used to only hear the hum in my left ear but now I'm
        hearing it in my right also. To just say it's age or medications that
        are causing this is kind of speculative since we have others that are
        not middle-aged like me or on medications and are perfectly health and
        hear this hum. It is a non-descriminatory hum LOL! We got on a
        tangent the other night in desperate humour to explain this by joking
        that it could be alien technology and the like but we know it isn't it
        is something like that it's either one of two things man-made or
        natural and only certain people with an acute sense of hearing for
        this hum will hear it. I've been reading up on EMF and such and what
        that can do to humans and we all know the earth has ley-lines
        criss-crossing thru it everywhere maybe we who hear this hum are
        sensitive to the earth's magnetic ley-lines. I just know it's
        facinating to research this and at least this group is giving me
        contact with others that
        > have the same problem. It is a pleasure to bounce off ideas from
        y'all. Mack since you are in the UK how severe is the hum for you?
        When I visited the UK in 1996 the hum didn't bother me quite so much
        there. I was visiting a friend that lives in Orpington, Kent County
        and that's about southeast in England. We have reports that it is
        severe in Wales and I see you are in Scotland. I haven't seen any
        reports other than yours from Scotland but I may not have scrolled
        thru everything. Any way nice talking with you.

        > Sue Schmitt

        http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/

      • Selene
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 30, 2007
          What a pity if calcite is the culprit...  It's such a pretty crystal.  I have spheres of blue, golden, and pink mangano calcite, and rough stones in other colors too.  Hate to think that stuff might be growing in my ears!    ;-)

          Carole

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2007
            Afterthoughts...

            The pink mangano calcite fluoresces under blacklight, which shows that calcite with the right inclusions will excite when hit with the right wavelength of EM energy.  Maybe there's something to this...

            I wonder if the calcite in my ears would glow under blacklight.  Weird and weider...     ;-)

            Carole

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2007
              John B here in Texas (North Dallas). I had this hum for months, but this week it stopped. I have not done anything out of the ordinary this week. I at age 60 have high blood pressure and I have been taking tablets for years and it is normal now when taking the tablets. I am a communications engineer and find it is strange it is outside my head but other people could not hear the hum. Just wonder if other people in Texas noted the hum stop. I hope it keeps that way, but if it starts again I would love to detect it with a spectrum analyzer or some sort of magnetic device if this is not audible.  When I could hear it, I could not determine if it was some sort of pressure or magnetic modulation or an audible signal.

              John B