Try this fascinating at home science experiment

  • humshaker2003
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2004
      When the hum is bad like it is for me right now I compared the effect of covering my
      entire ears with heavy ceramic bone china tea cups to the effect of sitting very still in
      a bath with head submerged under water. I found that the bath reduced the hum and
      body vibration but increased the awareness of my heartbeat. The cups initially
      seemed to help but eventually the hum won out over the gurgling blood in my ears
      and I still felt the body vibrations. While both of these seem to help they are a tad
      impracticable I'm afraid so I'll stick with the air condioner and music as my main
      masks for now with an occasional run out to the bunker. The headset ANC's don't
      really help me that much.