Fwd: Re: HUM_FORUM: hum

  • surfyah
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, peter taylor-wood
      <petertaylorwood@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:43:40 +0100 (BST)
      > > From: peter taylor-wood
      > > <petertaylorwood@...>
      > > Subject: Re: HUM_FORUM: hum
      > > To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > --- Robert <rubystick@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Not sure if this is the hum - about 5 years ago (I
      > > > am 52 years old) my sleep started to be
      > > > disturbed - not a hum more a low frequency
      > > vibration
      > > > that went through my body, it feels as
      > > > if it is vibrating through the bones and my skull.
      > > > It is most noticeable in the early hours, I
      > > > have slept in most rooms of the house with the
      > > same
      > > > results, there seem to be intense bursts
      > > > for about 15 minutes and 3.30am seems to stand out
      > > -
      > > > sometimes it is so intense that i get
      > > > up with the feeling that my eye balls are
      > > vibrating.
      > > >
      > > > Told environmental health, local council and
      > > doctor
      > > > - but treated was like an idiot
      > > > (environment people placed a dat recorder in the
      > > > house even though I said it was a
      > > > vibration).
      > > >
      > > > Long story short, I just put up with it and tried
      > > > live as best I can until I saw your group and
      > > > wondered if what I was experiencing was what you
      > > > call the hum.
      > > >

      > > Hi Robert. Pete from West Wales here. The short
      > > answer
      > > is. You bet it is. Many people hear different
      > > harmonics of it but I think the fundamental
      > > frequency
      > > could be as low as 12 Hz. I can`t hear that low but
      > > like you I can feel it in my eyes and ears. I know
      > > from other postings that the frequency of 18 Hz is
      > > said to cause the eyes to vibrate and also to induce
      > > hallucinations. I am now hearing so much more than
      > > one
      > > low note but I have trained for it and am seriously
      > > researching what I am receiving. Many people have
      > > dismissed certain theories about the cause because
      > > the
      > > fundamental frequency is well bellow the threshold
      > > of
      > > what we can "Hear" I am putting forward the theory
      > > that one fundamental base frequency would give rise
      > > an almost infinate series of harmonics. I used to
      > > think I could hear just one tone with certain
      > > qualities. I discovered the qualities where based in
      > > harmonic relationships with other notes. Now I hear
      > > the whole harmonic series which means that by the
      > > time
      > > you get to , lets say the middle of a piano C4
      > > 261Hz,
      > > it is possible to discern the whole chromatic scale.
      > > Now I hear an orchestra. All the best to you Pete
      > > >
      > > By the way where are you?

      > > Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit
      > > Yahoo! For Good
      > >
      > http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html

      > Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer.
      Try it
      > now.
      > http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

      What area are you in? I'm in So CAL and at times these are symptoms
      here too. My thinking here is that it is generator or pumps being run
      24/7 365 days a year by either the reclamation (Water/Sewer) dept or
      the Marine air base. Both use the above mentioned pumps and generators.

      The noise in my area has been VERY annoying this weekend, and I just
      thought I heard one of their Jet engines roar (they must be
      maintaining the machinery!, besides running pumps and generators!

      But the focus will have to be for these government depts to regulate
      and adhere to their own rules on noise. These noises/air vibrations
      that pierce your ears with frequencies and noise are the problem.
      You'd think that these "wonderful" engineers would be working on a
      QUIET pump or generator! I am afraid the only thing that is going to
      stop the noise abuse are lawsuits against the government from bottom
      to top! It is their responsibility to control and eliminate their
      noise, not for the receiving end, Us, to have to adjust our homes or
      ourselves to adjust! Yeah, it's a great world, with the lunatics
      running things, and sending us the bill!