mystery hum

  • supercool1955
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2007
      The hum still exists but it seems less intense. I have bicycled around
      at midnight all around my area and only found a restaurant's freezer
      trailers that have diesel engines built into them. These are attached
      to tractor trucks when on the road. The hum I hear goes on and off,
      but these freezer engines are constant. I have ruled out hi fi's as
      the source. It is not an air conditioner. Sometimes a large boat
      passes by and makes huge waves that crash into the seawalls. It does
      not make any hum, but makes a noise that can wake me up. When I lived
      near the ocean, this wave crash noise was constant and I got used to it.

      I must warn you all that noises waking you up at night can cause you
      heart problems. According to Dr William J. Cole of NYU Medical Center
      who is my cardiologist, being woken up in the night, every night, can
      cause irregular heartbeats and other heath problems. Allowing this
      noise to wake up up or keep you from sleeping, may kill you!

      We all must become proactive against this noise pollution or we and
      our children will suffer for it. That includes low grades for you
      children. If they cannot sleep well at night, they will sleep in class
      and suffer poor grades. Ignoring the problem will make things worse.
      It is a scientific fact that people who work at night have shorter
      lives. It makes sense that this is affecting our Circadian rhythm.

      We need audio engineers to locate this noise to put an end to it.

      My microphones and amplifiers and recording equipment are not
      sensitive enough and using a cardboard cone to find the noise does not
      work.

      I have even been exploring noise cancellation technology, but the
      experts say that my plans will not work. It is not practical to wear
      noise cancellation headphones to sleep. I don't know if they will work
      on this noise.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm
    • surfyah
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2007
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "supercool1955" <myriad7@...> wrote:

        > The hum still exists but it seems less intense. I have bicycled around
        > at midnight all around my area and only found a restaurant's freezer
        > trailers that have diesel engines built into them. These are attached
        > to tractor trucks when on the road. The hum I hear goes on and off,
        > but these freezer engines are constant. I have ruled out hi fi's as
        > the source. It is not an air conditioner. Sometimes a large boat
        > passes by and makes huge waves that crash into the seawalls. It does
        > not make any hum, but makes a noise that can wake me up. When I lived
        > near the ocean, this wave crash noise was constant and I got used to it.
        >
        > I must warn you all that noises waking you up at night can cause you
        > heart problems. According to Dr William J. Cole of NYU Medical Center
        > who is my cardiologist, being woken up in the night, every night, can
        > cause irregular heartbeats and other heath problems. Allowing this
        > noise to wake up up or keep you from sleeping, may kill you!
        >
        > We all must become proactive against this noise pollution or we and
        > our children will suffer for it. That includes low grades for you
        > children. If they cannot sleep well at night, they will sleep in class
        > and suffer poor grades. Ignoring the problem will make things worse.
        > It is a scientific fact that people who work at night have shorter
        > lives. It makes sense that this is affecting our Circadian rhythm.
        >
        > We need audio engineers to locate this noise to put an end to it.
        >
        > My microphones and amplifiers and recording equipment are not
        > sensitive enough and using a cardboard cone to find the noise does not
        > work.
        >
        > I have even been exploring noise cancellation technology, but the
        > experts say that my plans will not work. It is not practical to wear
        > noise cancellation headphones to sleep. I don't know if they will work
        > on this noise.
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

        I totally AGREE with you! This is exactly my point! That the noise
        pollution source needs to be found, and end. In my case, I'm sure it
        is man-made. If you read my other posts, I believe it's the water dept
        with above or underground pumps/electric generators. But it's
        frustrating when city civil servants, who are supposed to represent
        our best interests provided with tax money to do so, Do Not know the
        source of the noise!?! So, we are in for a good one on this subject!

        I've tried to locate it around the area, which can be heard in wide
        areas, to no avail, either the freeway sounds block it out from the
        area of the water reclamation plant, or other noises camouflage it. I
        need to do some more research on the matter.

        But the most important point, is that the noise is bombarding your
        ears constantly, and I've seen that it irritates and depresses others.
        Children seem more hyperactive, parents seem more irritable and dogs,
        whose hearing is known as Expert, cannot stand it after a while.

        The Federal and City noise guidelines, State right there that certain
        noises are Very damaging to both brain and body! So, I don't
        understand people's complacence with the problem! Plus your creative
        states of Dream time is adversely affected by the noise!

        I myself have to have the radio remote in hand or by the pillow, when
        I get awakened by the noise, so I can hear something more pleasant
        (not sure sometimes how pleasant!) but, it's better than hearing the
        constant 24/7 sound! But that too, is not good, because the ears are
        still getting constant soundwaves.

        One more point, I read that the noise is not a normal brain wave
        pattern, and besides, heart, ears, and other internal organs, your
        brain attempts to attune itself to the unnatural rhythm which causes
        neurological problems.So..... folks, don't fool yourselves! You may
        choose to ignore it but, it will not ignore you!
      • ll l
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
          Hi everyone,Hi supercool

          >I agree with what you said,less sleeping harm  heart and eyesight,several day can not sleeping people will be killed.I've escaped death by a shave several times when the continuous hum.

          >We meet the same problme,I find three restaurant's electrical freezer about 50 meters far away from my building,which make my building hum .

          >My families and neighbors can not hear it.I spent about three years to find it out.finally I tested many times to switch off these freezers in midnight the hum in my house all stopped.But nobody can hear it so nobody can believe me.THe restaurant run 22hours a day ,at night it with less businiss so the hot food be put into thses freezers and make they run to the morning everyday.So every night the HUM comes.I think most 24h running restaurant is like this.

          >THe freezer's compressor working noise is very strange,at beginning the HUM in my house is low like a distance engine noise 1-2hours later it become loud and loud and within a "hit drum sound",I still don't know why the cooler the weather the louder the freezer HUM is.

          >The freezer vibrat to the ground and no very loud noise so out that kitchen almost no noise can be heard.

          >People think the most freezer's vibration is tiny,So neglect some of they.I escape to sleeping another place and hear the Hum from neighbor's home fridg but also others can not hear .

          >If an air conditioner out door unit is close to the ground also can make the house nearby humming,but the noise is different to the freezer.

          >The nature make sounds as  the wind, the thunder,the earthquake and so on,but occasionally not
          continuously.Before 1980 China has no HUM,now with the increase of the electrical appliance the hum comes.

          >Sensitive people and clever people may create world,but now they suffered first,that's not equitable.I seriously think why no sensitive people in the related government,it seem so as USA and others.

          >What can we do to stop the hum? I think we should jointly signed to the UNEP and IEC,is this right? worldwide hum worldwide complain!

          bye!

          Shanghai     lu

          supercool1955 <myriad7@...> 写道:
[...]

          抢注雅虎免费邮箱3.5G容量,20M附件!