Re: HUM_FORUM: Something New, Maybe?

  • Curry Cook
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12 6:30 PM
      mine has never sounded like it pulses, just the hum.
      i retired about 6 weeks ago and realize that one bad
      thing about retiring is that i'm at home hearing this
      stupid thing a whole lot more than i used to. i
      started doing some volunteer work today and was
      delighted that i don't hear it there, just like i
      didn't hear it at work.

      --- Carole Carriker <CcSelene7@...> wrote:

      > A few years ago I discovered that my Mom hears the
      > hum too, which made
      > me think perhaps its not just in my head. Today she
      > told me she has
      > heard it for many years, and used to hear it quite
      > often after she
      > came home from practicing with a choral group she
      > belonged to. That
      > was back in the 1950s. I mention this because as
      > far as I know, there
      > hasn't been any documentation of the hum before, I
      > think, the 1970s.
      > If I'm wrong about that, feel free to correct me...
      >
      > Anyway, she said the thing that always got to her
      > about it was that it
      > pulses. Just what we've all been hearing, and this
      > was back in the
      > 50s.
      >
      > This could rule out HAARP and some other suspect
      > technologies.
      >
      > Carole

      that gives answers, not web links.