Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: Forum Guidelines

  • David Deming
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
      Re: HUM_FORUM:   Re: Forum Guidelines

      > David, does this mean we're not allowed to discuss
      > these "spooklights", or merely that we shouldn't attribute them to a
      > supernatural origin?  I'm interested in the subject...  Personally, I
      > doubt there's anything supernatural about them, and I question whether
      > they're related to the hum, but it would be interesting to explore the
      > subject.  Maybe if we referred to them as "earthlights" instead?
      >
      > Carole

      They are off-topic.

      --DD
    • surfyah
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2007
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "David Deming" <profdeming@...> wrote:

        > I am writing to remind everyone of the forum guidelines.
        >
        > The orientation of the forum is scientific. That means discussion
        > of supernatural phenomena is not allowed. If you believe that
        > the Hum is being caused by demons, that aliens are watching
        > you, or that the Hum is an imminent indication of the Second
        > Coming, you are welcome to your beliefs. But you may not discuss
        > them here.
        >
        > If you want to discuss "spooklights," get your own forum.
        >
        > I have banned several people for violating forum guidelines
        > and will continue to do so in order to preserve the integrity
        > of the forum.
        >
        > --DD

        How do you know that so called "spooklights" are a not a phenomenon
        isn't a result of some kind of Electrical charge that may be resulting
        from the Sound? I think you need to keep an open mind on that aspect.
        As far as aliens, etc, I certainly agree with your assessment on that
        sort of thing, but I think that sound can mingle with gases in the air
        or something like that and produce a visual. We don't even know which
        sounds are being produced from WHAT source!
      • David Deming
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2007
          This is a reminder to everyone that the
          orientation of this forum is scientific.

          The largest problem we have with the Hum
          is getting people who do not hear it--at
          least 90 percent of the population--to take
          it seriously.

          One sure way to have us all branded as kooks
          is to introduce to this forum discussions of
          paranormal phenomena, flying saucers, paranoid
          conspiracies, alien abductions and
          implants, etc., etc., etc.

          If you want to discuss these phenomena, then
          please do so on another forum.

          If you believe the Hum is a conspiracy directed
          against you personally, you need to see
          a psychiatrist.

          Please keep the discussions here as factual
          and objective as possible.

          --DD
        • Susan Schmitt
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2007
            I don't think anyone really meant that we really believed the hum was alien related we were just trying to have a sense of humor about a problem that has us all frustrated as to cause and why it's happening to only a select few of us.  I suggested we all start to keep a diary of what is going on when we hear the hum and made a few categories.  Would you consider putting this up on the group site so that we can all fill in it.  I know we have a little one but I was thinking that it could be enlarged to maybe include what we're eating or meds taken at the time of the hum for that day, which ear it comes from (I get it loudest in the left instead of the right), where we are, what our surroundings are that's just a few I've been thinking of.  What do you think?

            Sue Schmitt

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2007
              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Susan Schmitt <blue_agate11@...> wrote:
              >It would be a cool thing if we had a living database where we could
              track it to see if everyone hears or not hears a particular detail of
              it at the same time. I'm thinking if someone did put together such a
              thing it should be open to input 24/7 but with a day or so delay to
              view the comparisons. The reason for that would be to try and
              eliminate any "spoilers" or "fakers" from reading recent data and
              inputing bogus data to intentionally throw off any trend that might be
              discovered.
              I looked at this group's files or database link and I see in the past
              something like this has been tried but looks like it's no longer being
              used.
              - TC