Re: HUM_FORUM: Fascinating!

  • brassypep
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007

      Can you hear these? Because the NCH Tone Generator definately
      indicates hertz not millihertz. And I can absolutely hear these, and
      can hear the tones when I continue to increase them for many many
      beyond these.

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Dave at Yaahoo <ddrinnan@...> wrote:

      > I agree with you, Arne. Frequencies in that range aren't (cannot
      > be) "heard", at least not by the normal hearing process. While
      > the normal range is listed as 20-20,000 Hz, there is certainly
      > some percentage of people who can hear outside that range... but
      > only by a relatively little bit.
      >
      > I'm wondering if the frequency was was mis-stated as "hertz",
      > and should've instead been *mili*Hertz (mHz)? THEN (if I have
      > my decimal places correctly positioned)... we'd be talking about
      > 2501-3338 Hertz.... which is the upper part of the human voice
      > range. I used to work in telecommuications, and if I remember
      > correctly, voice phone systems used to transmit frequences in
      > the 300-3000 Hz range.
      >
      > -dave
      >

      > --- stonehollow@... wrote:
      > >
      > > I assure you, you cannot hear in the Mhz range. The NCH website
      > > (http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html) states it will support
      > > frequencies from 1 Hz to 22000 Hz - IF your sound card supports
      it.
      > > The frequency you're reporting is 2.5-3.5 Mhz, which is in the
      range
      > > used for ultrasound diagnostic machines, and 100-300 times what
      the
      > > software supports.
      > >
      > > Arne
      > > Central Minnesota USA
      > > ---- brassypep <bmcdonne@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > =============
      > > I can hear the range I gave. I have the NCH Tone Generator, and
      > > assure you I can hear those just fine, I listened to them just
      before
      > > I posted them.. I have also had my hearing professionally
      tested,
      > > and I have some unusual hearing ranges with really good
      perception in
      > > my left ear for human voice tones. I do have a gap in my hearing
      > > range, then it reestablishes.
      > >
      > > ----------------------
      > >
      > > The one I hear is similar to a sine wave of about 2501096.88
      hertz
      > > or a 3338563.79 hertz.

    • brassypep
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007
        Perhaps my computer supports some slightly higher ranges and that
        accounts for some of the differences. Perhaps it is giving me higher
        and further and higher ranges in the human voice range.

        That being said, when I am in diagnostic rooms I can hear the
        machines. Like they are significantly muffled though.

        I know I can hear some noises people have said one "cannot" hear
        before. For example, I have a Quantum Home device and when I turn it
        up and down I can hear it - the tone doesn't change simply the volume
        of it. I was happy when people started replacing their vacuum tube
        televisions, because I could hear the damn vacuum tubes everywhere
        all the time. :) I could hear a person turn on their television set
        from a block away.

        Just thinking of those tones is making my ears hurt. I forgot to
        turn down the volume last time before opening them up. Uhg.

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Carole Carriker" <CcSelene7@...>
        wrote:

        > Are we listening to the same files? When I listened to those two
        > recordings, what I heard was much higher-pitched than 25-33 Hz. It
        was also
        > much higher than the human voice. The top one was barely audible.
        They
        > were up there in the range of what I used to hear from some old
        store
        > security systems.
        >

        > Carole

        Behalf

        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_threshold>
        > .org/wiki/Auditory_threshold).

        > > lower, or
        > than
        > > 4186 Hz

        > [mailto:humforum@yahoogroup <mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com>
        s.com]
        > > > On Behalf

        > My

        > > husband

        > > hums

        > > hertz or a

        > > other
        > > think
        > > intense
        > > > HEARING IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET TO A PIANO AND TRY TO PLAY WHAT
        > > > YOU HEAR AND TELL ME THE NOTE, EVEN IF IT IS OF A LOWER
        > > > FREQUENCY/?

      • brassypep
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007
          I think that you are correct, my audio card must be maxing out at
          about 13000 or so when I tested it with spectraplus. <sigh> and here
          I thought maybe I'd figured out what the noise was!

          :) oh well.

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "brassypep" <bmcdonne@...> wrote:

          > Can you hear these? Because the NCH Tone Generator definately
          > indicates hertz not millihertz. And I can absolutely hear these,
          and
          > can hear the tones when I continue to increase them for many many
          > beyond these.
          >
          > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Dave at Yaahoo <ddrinnan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I agree with you, Arne. Frequencies in that range aren't (cannot
          > > be) "heard", at least not by the normal hearing process. While
          > > the normal range is listed as 20-20,000 Hz, there is certainly
          > > some percentage of people who can hear outside that range... but
          > > only by a relatively little bit.
          > >
          > > I'm wondering if the frequency was was mis-stated as "hertz",
          > > and should've instead been *mili*Hertz (mHz)? THEN (if I have
          > > my decimal places correctly positioned)... we'd be talking about
          > > 2501-3338 Hertz.... which is the upper part of the human voice
          > > range. I used to work in telecommuications, and if I remember
          > > correctly, voice phone systems used to transmit frequences in
          > > the 300-3000 Hz range.
          > >
          > > -dave
          > >

          > > --- stonehollow@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I assure you, you cannot hear in the Mhz range. The NCH website
          > > > (http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html) states it will
          support
          > > > frequencies from 1 Hz to 22000 Hz - IF your sound card supports
          > it.
          > > > The frequency you're reporting is 2.5-3.5 Mhz, which is in the
          > range
          > > > used for ultrasound diagnostic machines, and 100-300 times what
          > the
          > > > software supports.
          > > >
          > > > Arne
          > > > Central Minnesota USA
          > > > ---- brassypep <bmcdonne@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > =============
          > > > I can hear the range I gave. I have the NCH Tone Generator,
          and
          > > > assure you I can hear those just fine, I listened to them just
          > before
          > > > I posted them.. I have also had my hearing professionally
          > tested,
          > > > and I have some unusual hearing ranges with really good
          > perception in
          > > > my left ear for human voice tones. I do have a gap in my
          hearing
          > > > range, then it reestablishes.
          > > >
          > > > ----------------------
          > > >
          > > > The one I hear is similar to a sine wave of about 2501096.88
          > hertz
          > > > or a 3338563.79 hertz.

        • Dave at Yaahoo
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007
            Yes, I can hear both of those.

            I've listened to audio test albums which announce each tone between
            something like 5 Hz and 25,000 Hz. I was able to hear up to around
            20 or 21,000 Hz... the top end of the human hearing range. Like
            you, as stated in your other e-mail, I can also hear old TV tubes
            sometimes, and other high-pitched electronics at times. But they're
            all less than approx. 21,000 Hz. So, if I can hear your tones,
            which I can, then they're less than 21,000 Hz.

            The odd thing too, is that by my hearing, the file with the
            higher-Hz name actually sounds just a wee tad LOWER to me?!

            Another interesting point is that the two tones sound ALMOST
            identical (probably within a few hundred Hz of each other?)
            (someone - Antonio? Rossen? - measured the tones, but I don't
            recall what their measurement was). According to the filenames,
            not only would they be inaudible, but they wouldn't be anywhere
            close to each other either.

            So I'd say something's wrong with the labeling on the software
            you're using. And if others agree that the higher-labeled one
            is actually lower, then something else is wrong too. Strange...

            -dave

            --- brassypep <bmcdonne@...> wrote:

            > Can you hear these? Because the NCH Tone Generator definately
            > indicates hertz not millihertz. And I can absolutely hear these, and
            >
            > can hear the tones when I continue to increase them for many many
            > beyond these.
            >
            > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Dave at Yaahoo <ddrinnan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I agree with you, Arne. Frequencies in that range aren't (cannot
            > > be) "heard", at least not by the normal hearing process. While
            > > the normal range is listed as 20-20,000 Hz, there is certainly
            > > some percentage of people who can hear outside that range... but
            > > only by a relatively little bit.
            > >
            > > I'm wondering if the frequency was was mis-stated as "hertz",
            > > and should've instead been *mili*Hertz (mHz)? THEN (if I have
            > > my decimal places correctly positioned)... we'd be talking about
            > > 2501-3338 Hertz.... which is the upper part of the human voice
            > > range. I used to work in telecommuications, and if I remember
            > > correctly, voice phone systems used to transmit frequences in
            > > the 300-3000 Hz range.
            > >
            > > -dave
            > >

            > > --- stonehollow@... wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I assure you, you cannot hear in the Mhz range. The NCH website
            > > > (http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html) states it will support
            > > > frequencies from 1 Hz to 22000 Hz - IF your sound card supports
            > it.
            > > > The frequency you're reporting is 2.5-3.5 Mhz, which is in the
            > range
            > > > used for ultrasound diagnostic machines, and 100-300 times what
            > the
            > > > software supports.
            > > >
            > > > Arne
            > > > Central Minnesota USA
            > > > ---- brassypep <bmcdonne@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > =============
            > > > I can hear the range I gave. I have the NCH Tone Generator, and
            > > > assure you I can hear those just fine, I listened to them just
            > before
            > > > I posted them.. I have also had my hearing professionally
            > tested,
            > > > and I have some unusual hearing ranges with really good
            > perception in
            > > > my left ear for human voice tones. I do have a gap in my hearing
            >
            > > > range, then it reestablishes.
            > > >
            > > > ----------------------
            > > >
            > > > The one I hear is similar to a sine wave of about 2501096.88
            > hertz
            > > > or a 3338563.79 hertz.
            > >

            > Posting Guidelines:
            >
            > 1. The orientation of this forum is scientific, with everything that
            > implies. Reasoned and articulate criticism of ideas and theories is
            > welcome.
            > 2. The following are not allowed: personal attacks, gratuitous
            > profanity, "kook" posts, and supernatural explanations.
            > 3. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive
            > content. In general, no more than three per person per day.
            > 4. If you hear the Hum, please post your location at:
            > www.frappr.com/humhearers
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Geoff Leventhall
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007
              Sorry, brassypep, but you are not hearing the frequencies you stated the tones to be.  The first one you give is about 2million 500thousand Hz and the second one over 3 million Hz. I guess that you may be reading  the information on NCH Tone generator incorrectly.  The generator claims to produce sounds between 1Hz and 20,000Hz

              Geoff
              ____________________________________

              I can hear the range I gave. I have the NCH Tone Generator, and I

              --- In humforum@yahoogroup s.com, "A &J M" <stonehollow@ ...> wrote:

              > Human hearing ranges from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
              > (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Auditory_ threshold).
              >
              > Our hearing apparatus physically cannot respond to frequencies
              lower, or
              > higher than that. Sort of like trying to get a higher sound than
              4186 Hz
              > (C8) out of a baby grand piano - it's just not built to do it.
              >

              > Arne
              > Central Minnesota
              >
              > ____________ _________ _________ __
              >
              > From: humforum@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroup s.com] On
              Behalf
              > Of brassypep
              >

              > I've been hearing noises no one else seems to hear for years. My
              > husband used to too.
              >
              > I know that some have suggested tinnitus, but as I said to my
              husband
              > tinnitus shouldn't have directionality. When I turn, the sound
              > increases and decreases.
              >
              > The main sound I hear off-and-on and it isn't in your list of hums
              > here. They are too low pitched.
              >
              > The one I hear is similar to a sine wave of about 2501096.88 hertz
              or a
              > 3338563.79 hertz.
              >
              > I don't know if this is related to your univeral hum. I hear other
              > sounds, and I know that my range of hearing is very very good. I
              think
              > I just ignore most of them most of the time, but the one is so
              intense
              > I can't.

            • Carole Carriker
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007

                Maybe the tone you are hearing is not the actual “sound” your tone generator is producing, but something produced by your computer system or speakers in attempting to reproduce that sound?  There’s definitely some sound being produced.  I just went back and listened to them again, and I agree with Dave, the second “higher” tone actually sounds a full note lower than the other one.  Neither tone is particularly high-pitched – I can easily sing or whistle both tones.  If I had a piano, I could tell you what notes they are…

                Anyway, since you seem to have very acute hearing, you might enjoy reading the article about “superior canal dehiscence” that was posted by Margaret some time ago.  Go to the “links” section and click on “A Very Noisy Head.”

                Carole

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 9, 2007
                  Hello There, I have just come back from the cottage, and my hum has
                  stopped (same as last year). It usually stops within about 3 days at
                  the cottage, during the afternoons it is often just a loose weak
                  rattle if I listen, but if I dont listen it will dissapear. I am at
                  home now with no hum, but I do hear the very high pitched sound that
                  Brassypep talks about. I have listened to the 2 files, and my noise
                  is about the same. I find it very relaxing after hearing the hum
                  (diesel noise) but as Debbi said about a month ago it feels
                  electricaly stimulating and keeps me awake.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 11, 2007
                    In a message dated 06/06/2007 02:40:20 GMT Daylight Time, stonehollow@... writes:

                    Human hearing ranges from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Auditory_ threshold).

                    Our hearing apparatus physically cannot respond to frequencies lower, or higher than that.  Sort of like trying to get a higher sound than 4186 Hz (C8) out of a baby grand piano - it's just not built to do it.

                    Arne
                    Central Minnesota

                    Hi, May I just add a quick comment to that :
                    I have recordings from Southampton University, of frequencies down to about 15 Hz, (must check....some years since I listened to the tape....).
                    The point is, and I heard/ read a scientist say this years ago, that these frequencies can be heard if they are loud enough.
                    The sounds I have were produced on a sound generator, and you can easily hear them.
                    When the frequency goes very low, you can hear individual beats making up the sound.
                    But I tend to agree, generally people don't register sounds below about 20 Hz...I suspect could be a little lower....thresholds that have been decided years ago  might not be accurate , I think.....
                    R.M.
                    LFNS Helpline, England.
                  • stonehollow@tds.net
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 11, 2007
                      The 20-20000 Hz range is acknowledged to be a general rule of thumb. Children can typically hear a bit higher, and some individuals can hear a bit lower (lower limit is 16-17 Hz). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

                      The problem with the very low frequencies is that it's difficult to tell the difference between hearing and feeling the sound (infrasound). If the frequency is the same as the resonant frequency of a body part (eyes, muscles, etc.), it may be perceived, but not as sound. I've often wondered if this is the source of the bed trembling sometimes felt (only once, for me). The above reference has some interesting information in it.

                      Arne
                      Central MN USA

                      Hi, May I just add a quick comment to that :
                      I have recordings from Southampton University, of frequencies down to about
                      15 Hz, (must check....some years since I listened to the tape....).
                      The point is, and I heard/ read a scientist say this years ago, that these
                      frequencies can be heard if they are loud enough.
                      The sounds I have were produced on a sound generator, and you can easily
                      hear them.
                      When the frequency goes very low, you can hear individual beats making up
                      the sound.
                      But I tend to agree, generally people don't register sounds below about 20
                      Hz...I suspect could be a little lower....thresholds that have been decided
                      years ago might not be accurate , I think.....
                      R.M.
                      LFNS Helpline, England.
                    • peter taylor-wood
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 13, 2007
                        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tobypaws2002@... wrote:

                        > stonehollow@... writes:
                        >
                        > Human hearing ranges from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
                        > (_http://en.wikipediahttp://en.http://enhttp://en_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
                        Auditory_threshold) ).
                        > Our hearing apparatus physically cannot respond to frequencies lower, or
                        > higher than that. Sort of like trying to get a higher sound than 4186 Hz (C8)
                        > out of a baby grand piano - it's just not built to do it.
                        > Arne
                        > Central Minnesota
                        >

                        > Hi, May I just add a quick comment to that :
                        > I have recordings from Southampton University, of frequencies down to
                        about
                        > 15 Hz, (must check....some years since I listened to the tape....).
                        > The point is, and I heard/ read a scientist say this years ago, that these
                        > frequencies can be heard if they are loud enough.
                        > The sounds I have were produced on a sound generator, and you can
                        easily
                        > hear them.
                        > When the frequency goes very low, you can hear individual beats making
                        up
                        > the sound.
                        > But I tend to agree, generally people don't register sounds below about 20
                        > Hz...I suspect could be a little lower....thresholds that have been decided
                        > years ago might not be accurate , I think.....
                        > R.M.
                        > LFNS Helpline, England.

                        HI.......I WENT TO A QUARY, WHICH IS VERY DEEP/ AT THE BOTTOM ARE
                        SOME TUNNELS WHICH GO UNDER A MOUNTAIN. I WENT DEEP INTO A
                        TUNNEL AND THE HUM WAS CLEARER THAN I HAVE EVER HEARD IT.
                        THE USUAL E-Eflat VERY CLEAR. THE VERY HIGH TONES WHER
                        CLEANER AND LESS CONFUSED, IN FACT MY EAR POPED OPEN LIKE
                        WHEN YOU FLY. I FOUND THE HIGH SOUNDS VERY PLEASENT WHER
                        AS MOST OF THE TIME THEY DRIVE ME NUTS AND MAKE ME GUIDY AND
                        DISORIENTATING. WHAT WAS SUPRISING WAS THE LOW END OF THE
                        SOUND SPECTRUM. I NEVER GET THIS OUT SIDE AND YET IN THIS
                        TUNNEL UNDER THE MOUNTAIN. MILES FROM ANYWHER I COULD
                        [HEAR VERY LOW SOUNDS.] AS A MUSICIAN I AM REASONABLY
                        FAMILIAR WITH TONE RANGE AND I WOULD SAY THIS SOUND WAS JUST
                        BELOW MY THRESHOLD. WHAT I EXPERIENCE IS PRESSURE ON MY
                        EAR DRUMS ACCOMPANYED BY A DEEP AND QUITE SOFT BOOM. IF I
                        CONTEMPLATE THIS EXPERIENSE I CAN COME TO HEAR, LIKE A LOW
                        RUMMBLE BUT WITH STRONG DB. THE ACT OF HEARING THIS IS LIKE
                        WHEN YOU TRY TO SING A NOTE A TONE BELOW YOUR RANGE. ITS A
                        BIT OF A STRAIN. THIS IN ITSELF MUST CAUSE A PROBLEM AND NOT A
                        LITTLE TENSION. I AM VERY AWARE OF MY HEART BEAT. I CAN FEEL IT
                        AND IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS I CAN HEAR IT. THIS RUMBLE REALLY
                        IS OUT OF SINK WITH MY HEART. IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE THERE IS AN
                        ARGUMENT GOING ON AS TO WHEN THE BEAT SHOULD BE AND AT
                        TIMES THE NATURAL RHYTHYM OF MY HEART GETS DISTURBED. I
                        DONT THINK THIS IS EVER NOT HAPPENING AND I THINK WE ARE ALL
                        EXPERIENSING IT. ONLY MOST ARE PERHAPS NOT 'AWARE' I DONT
                        THINK WE CAN MAKE ANY ASUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT CAN OR CANT BE
                        'HEARD' BY VARIOUS INDIVIDUALS. SINSE I WENT TO THE QUARY I
                        HAVE BEEN HAVING EXPERIENSING SUDDEN DEAFNESS IN EACH EAR
                        INDIVIDUALY. ONE THING THAT HAPPENS IS I WIIL SUDENLY HEAR A
                        VERY LOUD HIGH TONE AND MY EAR POPS SHUT AND AFTER A FEW
                        SECONDS THE TONE GRADUALY SUBSIDES BUT THE EAR STAYS SHUT
                        FOR A GOOD WHILE. CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN HOW THE EAR SHUTS AND
                        OPENS IN THIS WAY. WHEN I FLY I GET THE USUAL PRESSURE BUILD
                        UP AND PAIN IN MY EARS . I GO REALY DEAF AND THEN SUDDENLY MY
                        EARS POP AND I CAN HEAR LIKE A BABBY. AS A MUSICIAN, ON
                        OCCAISIONS, I HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO EXCESS VOLUME AND IT
                        CAUSES MY LEFT EAR TO OPEN AND CLOSE AND IT FEELS LIKE
                        MUSCELS ARE MOVING AROUND IN MY EAR. OFTEM MY HEARING WILL
                        BE SERIOUSLY IMPARED FOR DAYS, THEN IT COMES BACK. ANY IDEAS
                        HOW THIS WORKS????LASTLY I HAVE NOTICED A SLIGHT CHANGE IN
                        THE HUM THIS WEAK. IT SOUNDS MORE DIESAL ENGINE THAN I HAVE
                        HEARD FOR SEVERAL YEARS. IT SEEMS TO WAVER BETWEEN E AND
                        EFLAT AND IT IS NOT QUITE SO EASY TO LIVE WITH. A PURE TONE
                        WOULD BE EASYEST TO LIVE WITH. DISJOINTED RHYTHYM IS VERY
                        ANOYING AND DISCORD IS QUITE VEXING.

                        ALL THE BEST PETE
                      • Carole Carriker
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 13, 2007

                          Well Rosemarie, finally somebody has done your cave experiment!  It’s interesting to me that the hum seemed louder and clearer there…  Maybe confirmation of my thought that the hum is actually coming from the Earth itself???

                          Sorry, I can’t explain what goes on in the middle ear, but surely there’s plenty of information on the internet…  I’ve had some of the same experiences, and probably a lot of us have.  For me the loud high tone is followed by a feeling of pressure, and sounds seem muffled.  And on occasion it seems like I can feel the individual muscles in there readjusting things…

                          Carole

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 15, 2007
                            wrote:

                            > Well Rosemarie, finally somebody has done your cave experiment! It's
                            > interesting to me that the hum seemed louder and clearer there. Maybe
                            > confirmation of my thought that the hum is actually coming from the Earth
                            > itself???
                            > HI, CAROL. THE LOW SOUND IS AROUND A VERY LOW C. I CAN ONLY
                            GUESS AS I ONLY HAVE A SYNTH WHAT THE HZ ARE, A GOOD TWO
                            OCTAVES BELOW THE LOWEST C ON THE SYNTH. I AM INCLINED TO
                            AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THIS SOUND IT DEFFINATELY IS COMMING UP
                            FROM BELOW AND WHEN I WAS IN THE TUNNEL, UNDER THE
                            MOUNTAIN IT WAS QUITE WIERD BECAUSE THERE DEFINATELY CANT
                            BE ANYTHING GOING ON UNDER THE MOUNTAIN AND YET THAT IS
                            WHAT IT FEELS LIKE. AT HOME I GET EXACTLY THE SAME SOUND AND
                            EFFECT AND I LIVE AT LEAST 20 MILES FROM THE QUARY. I THINK I
                            HAVE A SLIGHT DILEMA HERE. THE LOW SOUND IS DEFFINATELY
                            COMMING UP THRU THE EARTH. THE BLUE STONE QUARY INDICATES
                            THAT THE VERY ROCK OF THE EARTH IS RUMBLEING AND IN A VERY
                            DISJOINTED WAY. I ALWAYS IMAGINED IT MIGHT BE OFF SHORE OIL
                            DRILLING BUT IT IS CONSTANT. THE MID RANGE HUM I HEAR IS
                            DEFFINATELY COMMING DOWN FROM SPACE. I DONT KNOW IF THESE
                            TWO SOUNDS ARE LINKED TO THE SAME SOURCE. JUST AS I DONT
                            KNOW IF THE SOUNDS THAT BRASSYPEP GAVE US ARE RELATED BUT I
                            CAN HEAR WHAT SHE HEARS. UNTILL RECENTLY I THOUGHT IT WAS
                            TINITUS. THEN THERE ARE OTHER SOUNDS THAT OTHERS HEAR AND
                            WHEN THEY HUM THERE TONE I CAN 'FIND' IT EVEN IF I HAVE NOT
                            PREVIOUSLY BEEN AWARE OF IT. I HAVE TO BE QUITE CAREFUL AS I
                            HAVE UPSET A DEAR FRIEND BY TELLING HER OF THE HUM, WHICH
                            SHE HAD NEVER HEARD OR HEARD OF. NOW SHE CAN HEAR IT. I HAVE
                            DONE THIS A FEW TIMES. ASK SOMONE IF THEY CAN HEAR ANYTHING.
                            THEY SAY NO, AND LOOK BEMUSED. THEN I HUM MY Eflat HUM AND
                            THEY GO 'OH YEAH' THIS LEADS ME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS
                            ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFOR EVERY ONE WILL HEAR IT. IF YOU ARE
                            RIGHT ABOUT IT COMMING FROM THE EARTH ITSELF I THINK THE ONLY
                            PLAUSABLE UNIFYING EXPLANATION COULD BE HARMONICS AND
                            FEED BACK. PRESUMABLY IF YOU SEND RADIO WAVES INTO THE
                            IONOSPHERE AND THE IONOSPHERE IS NOT BEING DELIBERATELY
                            HEATED IN ORDER TO ACT AS A MIRROR, THEN THE RADIO WAVES
                            WOULD PASS THRU. THE POINT OF HAARP IS TO CREATE A BOUNCE
                            BACK SO IT SEEMS LOGICAL THAT WE HAVE TURNED THE
                            IONOSPHERE INTO SOMTHING LIKE A GIANT SPEAKER EVEN IF WE ARE
                            NOT SUPOSED TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THIS STUFF. IT IS JUST POSSIBLE
                            THAT WHAT WE ARE HEARING, THAT IS COMMING DOW N , IS SOME
                            KIND OF FEEDBACK MADE OUT OF ALL THE DIFFERENT KINDS OF
                            ENERGY THAT WE ARE PLAYING AROUND WITH INCLUDING A BOUNCE
                            BACK OF OUR RUMBLE AND ITS HARMONICS. WHATEVER THERE IS
                            ONLY ONE THING THE LIKES OF YOU AND I CAN DO AND THAT IS TO
                            OPEN TO IT AND ACCEPT IT.
                            ALL THE BEST PETE