RE: HUM_FORUM: Phases of the moon

  • Carole Carriker
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 4, 2007

      Talking about the moon rang a bell with me, and I remembered doing some experiments in the fall of 2005 with light and the hum.  See my post #5463, and surrounding posts.  (In searching for this post, I noticed that there was quite a bit of interesting conversation going on at the forum during fall 2005.  Worth re-reading!).  Also, Kurt (KD7JYK, some of you will remember him…) did a number of experiments that involved light and the hum.  His posts are also interesting reading.

      Carole

      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 30, 2007

        Truthfully, I have no idea whether they’re effective or not, or whether they actually produce negative ions.  I gave them a try, and I like the soft, warm light they produce, so I kept them.

        People who sell these things claim they provide some of the same benefits as speliotherapy.  (People spend time in salt caves for therapeutic treatments.)  I don’t know if they do or not.  Here’s a link to an article about speliotherapy:

        http://www.armenianow.com/archive/2005/eng/?go=pub&id=1075

        Naturally the skeptics abound, and I’m sure an internet search for “speliotherapy” will lead you to lots of them.  Maybe the “benefit” is just a placebo effect, but even so if it makes people feel better, who am I to argue with success?

        Carole