Yahoo! apology

  • A &J M
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 2:40 PM
      Yahoo! apology

      The Product Team Responds to Your Feedback (from http://blog.360.yahoo.com/y_groups_team)

      We'll admit, it has been a rough week here at Yahoo! Groups. We read your feedback and we're aware that disabling IFrames and embed tags in the group descriptions was an unpopular decision. We know that the glitch that caused yesterday's multiple delivery bug was disruptive and made many of you very angry. We'd like to apologize for the bad feelings caused, and tell you a little bit more about what happened.

      Topping off an already difficult week was the mail delivery bug that caused many group members to receive multiple copies of group mail. We sincerely apologize for this bug, which was introduced when we were working to increase mail delivery speed (one of our biggest user requests). We pushed a fix at midnight March 29 (Pacific time), but unfortunately at that point a backlog of mail was still being delivered. We're confident that the bug is fixed on our end however some ISPs may still be delivering backlogged mail to some users. We're monitoring your comments and appreciate you letting us know your group's status here.