Re: Hum in Canada

  • al6667
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2007
      My experiences with the hum have always been with the diesel engine
      and the pulsating types of sounds, again in many areas I have
      lived...

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Guinard <aguinardv@...> wrote:

      > I went to Ottawa in November 2006 and heard the Hum, Curently I
      live in Mississauga, Ontario, and heard the Hum in south Toronto and
      diferent places in Mississauga, noticing that in winter 2004.

      > I actually recognize 4 types of Hums:
      >
      > -One pulsating Very Low- to Medium Low frequency (MMMM-mmmmm-
      MMMMM-mmmm)
      > with a cycle of 1 1/2 to 2 seconds, the frecuency seems to me
      near to 30- 60 HZ (I have some electronics background and recognize
      this frec.)

      > -A train in Idle or a diesel engine in Idle. (I'm suspecting it
      is actually diesel engine from an Oil pipe pumping station some
      where) I perceive this like in my inner ear but if I cover it then
      the soun level drops significantly.

      > -Rumbling very low frec. noise that makes the house walls vibrate
      and my body to feel really uncomfortable.

      > -Medium High frec. 600hz -650hz aprox. the frequency shifts at
      high speed like a fast "tremolo" in that range.