the hum

  • kellycon9
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29 12:43 AM
      my name is kelly, i am 30 years old and live in cornwall in england.
      I have been hearing the hum since august 2003. To start with my
      local enviromental health tried helping even employing acoustic
      engineers but no source was found and i dont suppose it ever will
      be. After a year of hearing the hum i couldnt stand anymore and
      ended up on prozac, the prozac caused me to sleep less than the hum
      so came I off that and have learnt mind strategies to help me
      through, ie; medidtation etc. These days I cope with it, i still
      hear it but can now block it.(although some days its really
      irritating). A year ago i even moved and yes its in my new home, its
      everywhere. This morning i woke pretty early, its raining heavy so
      the hum is pretty strong today, its been a while since i have
      researched "the hum" so thought i would check the web to see if
      anything new in the way of info. I am now really concerned. Two
      weks ago my son, who is 12 was diagnosed as having adhd, youd think
      we would pick up on something like that sooner but no one did. Today
      i read an american article where they link the hum with adhd, pretty
      worrying huh! I have a 3year odl daughter and i worry terribly it
      could affect her. I am glad i have come across this forum, if only i
      had found you guys three years ago when everyone believed i was mad
      and felt so alone. I look forward to staying in touch with you all,
      hearing opinions and who knows maybe one day we will find the source
      and live a better quality of life
    • Carole Carriker
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29 9:36 AM

        Hi Kelly.  I’m interested in reading that article about the hum and ADHD.  Did you read it online, and if so, could you post a link?  Thanks.

        Carole

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
          I've found a couple of links:
          http://homepages.tesco.net/~John.Dawes2/page1.htm
          http://www.myomancy.com/2004/10/hearing_things.html
          My son is dyslexic and mildly ADHD, while I've always had
          hypersensitive hearing.
          Tessa
          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Carole Carriker" <CcSelene7@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Kelly. I'm interested in reading that article about the hum
          and ADHD.
          > Did you read it online, and if so, could you post a link? Thanks.
          >

          > Carole

          On Behalf