Thank God! Others!!! I'm not alone

  • uncledookievirginia
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
      I live in Alexandria VA and have recently started hearing the HUM.
      People around here (and NOT around here) think I'm nuts. My wife
      can "barely" hear it, but sometimes to me it's so loud / penetrating
      that I think the smart part of my brain is going to be shaken off its
      stem.

      I'm so glad to have found this forum. I've read so many disturbing
      things tonight, and I just don't know what to believe.

      I'm going to poke around the group for a while, but I just wanted to
      say: I'm so thankful to have found "others".
    • Dave at Yaahoo
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
        --- uncledookievirginia <uncledookievirginia@...> wrote:

        > I live in Alexandria VA and have recently started hearing the HUM.
        > People around here (and NOT around here) think I'm nuts. My wife
        > can "barely" hear it, but sometimes to me it's so loud / penetrating
        > that I think the smart part of my brain is going to be shaken off its
        > stem.
        >
        > I'm so glad to have found this forum. I've read so many disturbing
        > things tonight, and I just don't know what to believe.
        >
        > I'm going to poke around the group for a while, but I just wanted to
        > say: I'm so thankful to have found "others".

        Many of us "know what you mean"!
        "Welcome!"

        -dave (Thomaston, CT, USA)
      • uncledookievirginia
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
          Thanks Dave.

          I biked around my neighorhood today wearing Bose QC II's (active noise
          canceling headphones). I *thought* I was making progress... Then it
          all of the sudden it seemed taht every other house had a team mowing
          their lawns, so I had to pedal home to see if I could really hear it at
          home...and yes, I could. It was a strange comfort, in a way, because I
          started to believe maybe I was making it up. But no, unfortunately, my
          house seems to intensify it for me, and the moment I got into my home
          office...well...MMMmmmmMMMMMMMmmmMMMmmmmmmm!

          I'm going to ride around again this evening when it quiets
          down...hopefully I'll get more accurate results..hopefully I find a
          source...