Heard the hum somewhere other than my home

  • xfool92
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      I had to spend Sunday night at my mother's home; I had to take her
      somewhere very early Monday morning. I heard the hum all night at her
      home, and I've only heard it there once before. It was very very loud,
      and seemed to surround me - yet I could also hear it inside me, as if
      the sound was between my ears.

      The odd thing is that I have not heard it at my own home for over a
      month. It has been unusually quiet. I didn't hear it at home last
      night, either.

      Despite the fact that I live 30 miles away from my mother - we do have
      two things in common to our home's locations. I am about 3/4 of a mile
      from high tension electric lines; my mother has them about 600 feet
      behind her house. I'm about 3/4 of a mile from train tracks, and she's
      about a mile away. Both are ranch houses with full basements. Other
      than that, nothing else major that is common.

      It is odd how localized the hum can be - yet in the same vein it can be
      heard in various places and various times around the world.
    • Leah Ryan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
        Hello "xfool92"
        Where are you and your Mom located? (I cannot access the Internet to check
        Frappr, sorry).
        Leah
        (south shore of Long Island, NY USA)

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
          I live in Mentor, OH (right on Lake Erie, about 25 miles east of
          Cleveland) and my mother lives in southern Cuyahoga County - she's right
          between Cleveland OH and Akron OH. (I think there is another hum
          hearer in this group who also lives in the Akron area).

          It' still nice and quiet at my house!