ELECTROSTATIC AND ELECTROMAGNETIC FROM HAARP

  • humlobotomist
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2006
      MEASUREMENTS OF ELECTROSTATIC AND ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSIONS FROM HIGH
      POWER RADIO WAVES IN THE F-REGION OVER HAARP

      In February 2005, high power radio wave experiments were conducted to
      diagnose the HF heating of the ionosphere over HAARP. The experiments
      used ground diagnostics to detect the nonlinear wave interactions in
      the F-Region.

      The measurement approach used three simultaneous radio/radar
      techniques. For stimulated electromagnetic emissions (SEE) that
      radiate from the modified plasma the Stimulated Ionospheric
      Electromagnetic Radio Receiver Array (SIERRA) was set up in a five
      receiver array extending from Fairbanks in the north to Valdez and
      Cordova Alaska in the south.

      Enhanced ion and plasma lines were observed using the eight-panel
      version of the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR).
      Backscatter from the heater induced field aligned irregularities was
      monitored by the Super Dual Auroral Radar Network (SuperDARN) in
      Kodiak Alaska. Many types of HF transmission modes were scheduled for
      the radio/radar Measurements with HAARP operations.

      The results of these experiments have provided an integrated view of
      simultaneously produced photons (electromagnetic waves), plasmon
      (plasma waves), phonons (ion sound saves), and density
      irregularities.

      The observations have been used to validate
      of theories on high power wave interactions in the F-Region. The HAARP
      simultaneous radio measurement (SRM) campaign yielded several new
      discoveries and observations including (1) duty cycle dependence of
      Doppler spread of Super- DARN backscatter, (2) spatial dependence of
      relative downshifted maximum (DM) and broad upshifted maximum (BUM)
      SEE intensities, and (3) the first enhanced ion and plasma lines
      recorded at UHF at the HAARP site.

      The results of these experiments are explained using mode conversion
      of the electromagnetic pump wave to generate electrostatic waves,
      parametric decay of the pump and electrostatic waves to generate
      frequency shifts, Bragg scatter of the radar signals and mode
      conversion to yield radiated electromagnetic waves.

      http://strike.colorado.edu/~sjg/URSI/data/bernhardt19110.pdf
    • Bill Curry
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2006
        Re: HUM_FORUM:   ELECTROSTATIC AND ELECTROMAGNETIC FROM HAARP Humlobotomist,

           Your post of the article on basic plasma physics in the F electron layer of the ionosphere is very interesting, but you still don't cite anything that can convert largely transverse electromagnetic waves and/or electrostatic and magnetostatic field flucutations into acoustic waves - which are largely longitudinal waves - i.e., the density oscillations occur along the direction of the wave propagation.  Conversion of electromagnetic waves into acoustical waves requires a transduction mechanism

           I want to try to explain "transduction."  A transduction mechanism usually requires a nonlinear interaction; whereas ordinary electromagnetic waves, sound waves, or even plasma waves are describable by linear, second order partial differential equations.  If the fundamental parameters that appear in these equations as constants are replaced by functions of the strength of the wave (electric or magnetic field strength, radiation density, sound pressure level, etc.) then you have second order nonlinear partial differential equations.  Now, suppose that your have an acoustic wave interacting with an electromagnetic wave: there has to be a cross product term in both sets of equations (i.e., the wave equations for both the acoustic waves and the electromagnetic waves) that is proportional to the product of electromagnetic field strength and some measure of the sound wave strength.  When I talk about a transduction mechanism, I mean the mechanism that results in the presence of a cross product term that couples the wave equations for the electromagnetic field and the sound pressure field (in this case).  The search for a transduction mechanism means the effort to find a mechanism that will cause such a coupling term to occur in the field equations.  The presence of such a coupling term means that the partial defferential equations for the electromagnetic and sound waves are coupled and nonlinear and must be solved simultaneously, usually by numerical methods.

           Let me give you a physical example.  If an electromagnetic wave impinges on certain types of crystals, it will cause a deformation of the crystal, the piezoelectric effect.  The deformation  of the crystal can, in turn, perturb the density of whatever fluid the crystal is embedded in, leading to an acoustic wave propagating through the fluid.  In this case, the transduction mechanism is the piezoelectric crystal.  The reverse process is the use of a sound wave impacting the crystal to modulate an electromagnetic wave traversing the crystal.  This principle is used to modulate laser beams by acousto-optic modulators.  Still another example is one that you have previously cited: auroral sounds produced by the interaction of the electromagnetic waves with personal objects, such as combs or even hair, causing perception of sound.  For HAARP to cause sound waves on earth as a result of the ionospheric events that this paper describes, you have to find a mechanism that can transduce the weak electromagnetic waves that reach and propagate through earth's atmosphere from the ionosphere into sound waves in the earth's atmosphere.  A transduction mechanism that occurs only in the ionosphere can only produce sound waves in the ionosphere, unless you can find a transduction mechanism to change ion-acoustic waves in the ionospheric plasma into sound waves in the atmosphere.  In my opinion, you have to have transduction in the atmosphere to hear sound waves that result from ionospheric events.

        Regards to all, Bill

        |Bill P. Curry, PhD         EMSciTek Consulting Co.|
        |(630 858-9377              Fax (630) 858-9159     |