Re: Doctors.....Who tells a doctor?

  • xfool92
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2006
      I told my doctor many years ago when the sound was unbearable. He
      looked at me as if I was nuts and said it's probably tinnitus. He did
      humor me and give me a hearing test. My hearing is normal, and I DO
      have a touch of tinnitus, but that sound never goes away and is
      nothing like the hum, which turns off and on and pulses.

      My doctor was completely stumped when my husband started hearing the
      hum on the days when it's really loud - and he has NO tinnitus.

      My guess is that many people here probably have discussed it with their
      doctors, and have gotten similar answers!

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Mike B" <unstresst2@...> wrote:

      > May I suggest......If you havent already so mention the hum to your
      > doctor.....not looking for a cause or a cure, but just to increase
      > their awareness.....who knows your doctor may be one of 'us'

    • mack_colin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2006
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "xfool92" <xfool92@...> wrote:
        > I told my doctor many years ago when the sound was unbearable. He
        > looked at me as if I was nuts and said it's probably tinnitus....

        I also went to a doctor when I first got this 'hum'problem, she said
        it was tinnitus.

        I then said to her "but I can stop the hum instantly by stepping
        outside my front door, then by stepping back in I hear it again" That
        puzzled her and me, till I discovered the TAOS HUM & BRISTOL HUM
        phenomena a month later on the internet.