Re: HUM_FORUM: The hum was unbelievably loud here last night

  • Jim Egger
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
      Carole,

      A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence gathered so far is this;

      It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by something inside of us based on our specific individual biology interacting with  electromagnetic energy combined from more than one source. It is the electromagnetic energy combination that must be right along with the hum hearers specific biology that must be right in order to hear the hum. By pseudosound I mean our brains are behaving the same way as a radio receiver and tranmuting the energy into an apparent sound by turning our brain tissue into speakers. Vibrating magnetic particles produce an electromotive force that stimulate sensory images to mimic sound using our brains neural pathways

      For example, and this is just an example, a person may be able to hear the hum IF there is an influx of solar particles at the same time microwaves from cell phone towers are interacting with an FM frequency from a Ham radio operator all going on at the same time and that person has the right combination and size of magnetic particles in their brain that are tuned to that interacting frequencies diffraction pattern or new combined frequency or interference pattern for that matter.

      That could explain why it is off in some areas and on in others as well as why some people never hear the hum while others do. Some electromagnetic frequencies could be widespread and others more localized. There is such a plethora of electromagnetic energy all around us now that such a scenario would not be too statistically unlikely anymore . My idea is that it is not a simple matter to point out just one thing that is a source because it is not just from one source but an interaction of multiple sources in the proper combination with the right individuals. Such a scenario will not be in accordance with the Achims Razor precept.

      Sincerely,
      Jim Egger
      Palmer, Alaska

      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
        Jim,

        I must say I am pretty close to your way of thinking on this.  At least in my situation with the hum.

        There are also a lot of people out there who do not hear the hum that never get a good nights rest.  They feel anxious all the time, and have various new ailments, they are taking medication for and say their overall quality of life is not near as good as it was a few years ago.  So there seems to be something out there that is affecting  quite a few numbers of the population. I am not a scientist, or a doctor,  but I would not be surprised if the sudden  50% increase in diabetes just recently  is not party caused from pancreatic  over stimulation from exposure to some of this.  Anne

          Anne

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
          Unfortunately, I can't tell if my hum is coming from any particular direction.  Since I only hear it with one ear, it always sounds like its coming from my left side, no matter which way I face.
          ~ Carole

          xfool92 <xfool92@...> wrote:
          Carole, I agree with you.  I think they are looking for an easy
          explanation when they told me they thought it was trains.  I don't
          think they have any intention of looking into the matter any
          further.  I'll admit that since they are running much more train
          traffic through this area, it IS a little noisier at times and I
          think everyone in my city will be grateful when those barriers go
          up.  But I doubt it wil make the hum go away.

          The other thing I forgot to mention is that last night the direction
          from which the hum seemed to eminate actually changed during the
          night.  During the first half of the night, it came from directly
          west and also had a hollow echo sound to it, like I was hearing it
          with a metal garbage can over my head.  After 4:00 am, it came from
          the east and the north, and was not hollow but it was stronger.
          That's not the first time it's changed direction in one night, but it
          doesn't happen often.

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Selene <ccarrike@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > zero hum.  So to hear it turn on so suddenly and so loudly it
          seemed
          > to be a shock to my system.   I've had to treat migraines for the
          > past two days (with no hum being heard), and finally when I woke up
          > at 4:00 AM with my head pounding again, and almost feeling the hum
          in
          > the back of my neck, I think it pushed me over the edge.  It seems
          > that when it seems I can feel the hum in my bones is when I think
          it
          > begins to affect me physically.
          >

          > Thanks for listening to me rant!
          >

          > Posting Guidelines:
          >
          > 1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
          > ideas and theories is welcome.
          > 2.  No gratuitous profanity.
          > 3.  No "kook" posts.
          > 4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive
          content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
          > 5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

          >         Hum   North america   United kingdom     Kokomo indiana
          United states   Taos new mexico

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          >    Carole
          >   Central California
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          >  Yahoo! Mail
          >  Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

           Carole
          Central California

          Yahoo! Mail

        • Selene

            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
              I've heard it referred to as "Occam's Razor", the idea that the
              simplest theory to solve a problem is usually the right one. Here's
              a link to Wikipedia, which explains the concept a little better that
              I can:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

            • Alan Stevens
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Egger" <aeroqst@...> wrote:

                > Carole,
                >
                > A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence
                > gathered so far is this;
                >
                > It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by something
                > inside of us based on our specific individual biology interacting
                > with electromagnetic energy combined from more than one source. It
                > is the electromagnetic energy combination that must be right along
                > with the hum hearers specific biology that must be right in order to
                > hear the hum. By pseudosound I mean our brains are behaving the same
                > way as a radio receiver and tranmuting the energy into an apparent
                > sound by turning our brain tissue into speakers. Vibrating magnetic
                > particles produce an electromotive force that stimulate sensory
                > images to mimic sound using our brains neural pathways

                The few times that it has been really loud for me, the Hum sounded
                like it was being generated about 2 inches outside of my left ear.
                When walking around the house, the Hum "followed me around" and
                continued to sound like it was being generated about 2 inches outside
                of my left ear.

                I have earmuffs designed for hearing protection when shooting
                large-bore firearms, and they reduce the perceived noise by about 90%.

                In several of the above cases when the Hum has been really loud for
                me, I put the earmuffs on and they reduced the perceived noise by
                about 90%. I repeatedly put them on and took them off, and each time
                the sound level increased or decreased accordingly. That appears, at
                least in those cases, to clearly be an acoustic sound that I was
                hearing.

                This is very weird, and defies explanation. In no other sounds have I
                been "tricked" regarding the source of the sound, so my conclusion is
                that, at least in those cases where I used the earmuffs, that there
                was an acoustic noise being generated about 2 inches outside of my
                left ear, and there is no natural explanation for that.

                There may indeed be other Hums produced by electromagnetic radiation
                or in people's minds, but the stronger manifestations that I have
                experienced clearly seem to be acoustic.

                Alan
              • sassy witch
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                  Alan

                  Hi, my name is Tammy and for several years I lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan ( I have since moved). The hum at time for me was so loud that I was unable to sleep at nights, coupled with the fact that only I heard it, made my family think I was insane (I , too, began to believe it).

                  I have read your theory & it does make quite a lot of sense. I have a question...I am a Pagan, and wonder if others who have heard the hum also are of Pagan, Naturalist, etc. background, as, I feel, are more intune with Mother Earth?

                  Thanks for your time,
                  Tammy

                  Alan Stevens <awstevens@...> wrote:
                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Egger" <aeroqst@...> wrote:

                  > Carole,
                  >
                  > A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence
                  > gathered so far is this;
                  >
                  > It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by something
                  > inside of us based on our specific individual biology interacting
                  > with  electromagnetic energy combined from more than one source. It
                  > is the electromagnetic energy combination that must be right along
                  > with the hum hearers specific biology that must be right in order to
                  > hear the hum. By pseudosound I mean our brains are behaving the same
                  > way as a radio receiver and tranmuting the energy into an apparent
                  > sound by turning our brain tissue into speakers. Vibrating magnetic
                  > particles produce an electromotive force that stimulate sensory
                  > images to mimic sound using our brains neural pathways

                  The few times that it has been really loud for me, the Hum sounded
                  like it was being generated about 2 inches outside of my left ear.
                  When walking around the house, the Hum "followed me around" and
                  continued to sound like it was being generated about 2 inches outside
                  of my left ear.

                  I have earmuffs designed for hearing protection when shooting
                  large-bore firearms, and they reduce the perceived noise by about 90%.

                  In several of the above cases when the Hum has been really loud for
                  me, I put the earmuffs on and they reduced the perceived noise by
                  about 90%.  I repeatedly put them on and took them off, and each time
                  the sound level increased or decreased accordingly.  That appears, at
                  least in those cases, to clearly be an acoustic sound that I was
                  hearing.

                  This is very weird, and defies explanation.  In no other sounds have I
                  been "tricked" regarding the source of the sound, so my conclusion is
                  that, at least in those cases where I used the earmuffs, that there
                  was an acoustic noise being generated about 2 inches outside of my
                  left ear, and there is no natural explanation for that.

                  There may indeed be other Hums produced by electromagnetic radiation
                  or in people's minds, but the stronger manifestations that I have
                  experienced clearly seem to be acoustic.

                  Alan

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Jerry Cummings
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                    This "hum" is akin to a "convection" noise - if you held something that was silent but vibrated to your skull you would "hear" it - folks, I do admire the tenacity of so many to try to put the source of the hum as personal and internal - but after all this time I can assure you that "it ain't".
                    Jerry

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  • Alan Stevens
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, sassy witch <sassywitch66@...> wrote:

                      > Alan
                      >
                      > Hi, my name is Tammy and for several years I lived in the Upper
                      Peninsula of Michigan ( I have since moved). The hum at time for me
                      was so loud that I was unable to sleep at nights, coupled with the
                      fact that only I heard it, made my family think I was insane (I , too,
                      began to believe it).

                      > I have read your theory & it does make quite a lot of sense. I
                      have a question...I am a Pagan, and wonder if others who have heard
                      the hum also are of Pagan, Naturalist, etc. background, as, I feel,
                      are more intune with Mother Earth?

                      I am a Christian of the Baptist persuasion.

                      Alan
                    • Jim Egger
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                        That was my big mistake in the spelling, I fell back on my German for some
                        reason but yes.... the one you mentioned is the one I meant to spell, my
                        mistake. The thought it expresses is the correct one concerning the simplest
                        explanation. I believe in this case the simplest explanation is the wrong
                        path, that there are in fact several items interacting to give us the hum.
                        Remember (if you took it) in high school physics doing the wave experiments
                        with wave tanks whereby you could examine the shadows of wave patterns
                        formed by using more than one source separated by different distances ? One
                        could see different interference patterns of reinforcment and cancellation
                        dependent on frequency and distance of the sources from each other and the
                        target. Electromagnetic energy behaves the same way.

                        Different frequencies interacting in such a manner can produce resonancy at
                        a whole new frequency. It would be like when you tune a 12 string guitar and
                        two strings vibrate at a slightly different frequency you can hear a pulsing
                        beat that is much lower in frequency than the 2 that are producing it.
                        Perhaps the magnetite in the brain is tuned by certain people to pick up
                        only the beat of the 2 or more higher frequencies. That would explain the
                        beat and the pulsing. The fact that we hear it would be a biological
                        transduction in the neural pathways of the brain giving us the sensation of
                        sound. It may not even need magnetite but is simply interacting with the
                        electrical pulses of our brain activity in a direct way. Microwave hearing
                        which has been scientifically proven and demonstarted is a perfect example
                        of how that can happen but we still don't know exactly how it works. There
                        is no logical reason that would prohibit the same interaction in a world
                        full of the various electromagnetic frequencies we ourselves have created
                        and operate on a worldwide and daily basis.

                        Sincerely,
                        Jim Egger
                        Palmer, Alaska

                        > I've heard it referred to as "Occam's Razor", the idea that the
                        > simplest theory to solve a problem is usually the right one. Here's
                        > a link to Wikipedia, which explains the concept a little better that
                        > I can:
                        >
                        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor
                        >

                        > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Selene <ccarrike@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I'm not familiar with the Achims Razor precept.
                        >>
                        >> Since I hear the hum virtually all the time, and in many
                        > different places, it would seem there must be some energy affecting
                        > me that is not only present everywhere, but virtually the same
                        > everywhere. The only thing I can think of that meets that criterion
                        > is the sun. Just a thought.
                        >>
                        >> ~ Carole
                        >>
                        >> Jim Egger <aeroqst@...> wrote:
                        >> Carole,
                        >>
                        >> A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence
                        > gathered so far is this;
                        >>
                        >> It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by
                        > something inside of us based on our specific individual biology
                        > interacting with electromagnetic energy combined from more than one
                        > source. It is the electromagnetic energy combination that must be
                        > right along with the hum hearers specific biology that must be right
                        > in order to hear the hum. By pseudosound I mean our brains are
                        > behaving the same way as a radio receiver and tranmuting the energy
                        > into an apparent sound by turning our brain tissue into speakers.
                        > Vibrating magnetic particles produce an electromotive force that
                        > stimulate sensory images to mimic sound using our brains neural
                        > pathways
                        >>
                        >> For example, and this is just an example, a person may be able to
                        > hear the hum IF there is an influx of solar particles at the same
                        > time microwaves from cell phone towers are interacting with an FM
                        > frequency from a Ham radio operator all going on at the same time and
                        > that person has the right combination and size of magnetic particles
                        > in their brain that are tuned to that interacting frequencies
                        > diffraction pattern or new combined frequency or interference pattern
                        > for that matter.
                        >>
                        >> That could explain why it is off in some areas and on in others
                        > as well as why some people never hear the hum while others do. Some
                        > electromagnetic frequencies could be widespread and others more
                        > localized. There is such a plethora of electromagnetic energy all
                        > around us now that such a scenario would not be too statistically
                        > unlikely anymore . My idea is that it is not a simple matter to point
                        > out just one thing that is a source because it is not just from one
                        > source but an interaction of multiple sources in the proper
                        > combination with the right individuals. Such a scenario will not be
                        > in accordance with the Achims Razor precept.
                        >>
                        >> Sincerely,
                        >> Jim Egger
                        >> Palmer, Alaska

                      • Jim Egger
                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                          Alan,

                          For me, the sound is completely coming from inside of my head right in the
                          middle as a matter of fact. I have used the acoustic sond cancellation muffs
                          like you and get no change in the sound other than it is now isolated from
                          extraneous noise and is easier to hear. I have also tried electronic sound
                          cancelling earphones - muffs with the same result. It is definitely not
                          acoustic for me. I have heard the same pulsing beat in Minnesota and here in
                          Alaska in the house and miles back in the middle of nowhere. The way the
                          mind can perceive things is very complex and not very well understood. We
                          are electrical creatures as well as chemical and can be affected by emf and
                          magnetic forces in directly demonstratable experiments. There is no reason
                          to believe all the emf surrounding us now is not having some effects on
                          living organisms in some way.

                          Our society is governed not so much by ethics and understanding as it is by
                          money and all its trappings in how and why things are done. I see how many
                          times that whenever there is a question as to the effects of certain
                          undertakings and sums of money are involved that any discussion of ill
                          effects is quickly pooh poohed and swept under the carpet often under the
                          pretenses that there is no proof to support such claims. The logic behind
                          undertaking potentially hazardous projects without first looking into the
                          dangers is no different than putting a gun to your head and pulling the
                          trigger without first checking the magazine and chamber to see if there
                          might be bullets in it. Often there is proof that has been hidden or the
                          subject of seeking proof is never seriously undertaken or some phony off the
                          cuff explanation conjured up just to placate the masses and quiet things
                          down. I believe that the hum is an example of a phenomenon that is getting
                          that kind of treatment especially since the percentage of people who are
                          obviously suffering from it is so low. There is too much money involved in
                          all the technology involved to be serious about demonstrating any ill
                          effects on populations - they don't want to, it would hurt the bottom line.

                          Try to get funding for research into something that they don't want to have
                          demonstrated !

                          So who are the they ? Good question. I'll bet one thing for certain, the
                          they hold a bunch of money.

                          Sincerely,
                          Jim Egger
                          Palmer, Alaska

                          >> A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence
                          >> gathered so far is this;
                          >>
                          >> It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by something
                          >> inside of us based on our specific individual biology interacting
                          >> with electromagnetic energy combined from more than one source. It
                          >> is the electromagnetic energy combination that must be right along
                          >> with the hum hearers specific biology that must be right in order to
                          >> hear the hum. By pseudosound I mean our brains are behaving the same
                          >> way as a radio receiver and tranmuting the energy into an apparent
                          >> sound by turning our brain tissue into speakers. Vibrating magnetic
                          >> particles produce an electromotive force that stimulate sensory
                          >> images to mimic sound using our brains neural pathways
                          >
                          > The few times that it has been really loud for me, the Hum sounded
                          > like it was being generated about 2 inches outside of my left ear.
                          > When walking around the house, the Hum "followed me around" and
                          > continued to sound like it was being generated about 2 inches outside
                          > of my left ear.
                          >
                          > I have earmuffs designed for hearing protection when shooting
                          > large-bore firearms, and they reduce the perceived noise by about 90%.
                          >
                          > In several of the above cases when the Hum has been really loud for
                          > me, I put the earmuffs on and they reduced the perceived noise by
                          > about 90%. I repeatedly put them on and took them off, and each time
                          > the sound level increased or decreased accordingly. That appears, at
                          > least in those cases, to clearly be an acoustic sound that I was
                          > hearing.
                          >
                          > This is very weird, and defies explanation. In no other sounds have I
                          > been "tricked" regarding the source of the sound, so my conclusion is
                          > that, at least in those cases where I used the earmuffs, that there
                          > was an acoustic noise being generated about 2 inches outside of my
                          > left ear, and there is no natural explanation for that.
                          >
                          > There may indeed be other Hums produced by electromagnetic radiation
                          > or in people's minds, but the stronger manifestations that I have
                          > experienced clearly seem to be acoustic.
                          >
                          > Alan
                          >

                          > Posting Guidelines:
                          >
                          > 1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
                          > ideas and theories is welcome.
                          > 2. No gratuitous profanity.
                          > 3. No "kook" posts.
                          > 4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.
                          > In general, no more than three per person per day.
                          > 5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Alan Stevens
                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                            Jim,

                            I don't question your "in head" Hum experience, I was responding to
                            your comments --

                            > >> A theory I have developed about the hum from all the evidence
                            > >> gathered so far is this;
                            > >>
                            > >> It is an electromagnetic induced pseudo sound produced by
                            > >> something inside of us based on our specific individual biology
                            > >> interacting with electromagnetic energy combined from more than
                            > >> one source.

                            You excluded any acoustic Hums, and my tests have shown that at least
                            some of the Hum experiences I have had are acoustic.

                            Alan

> [...]
                            off the
                            > cuff explanation conjured up just to placate the masses and quiet
                            things
                            > down. I believe that the hum is an example of a phenomenon that is
                            getting
                            > that kind of treatment especially since the percentage of people who
                            are
                            > obviously suffering from it is so low. There is too much money
                            involved in
                            > all the technology involved to be serious about demonstrating any ill
                            > effects on populations - they don't want to, it would hurt the
                            bottom line.

                            > Try to get funding for research into something that they don't want
                            to have
                            > demonstrated !
                            >
                            > So who are the they ? Good question. I'll bet one thing for certain,

                          • Bill Curry

                              xfool92 <xfool92@...> wrote:

[...]

                              Use Photomail <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38867/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com>  to share photos without annoying attachments.

                              Carole

                              Central California

                              Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/virusall/*http://communications.yahoo.com/features.php?page=221>  helps detect nasty viruses!

                              Posting Guidelines:

                              1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
                              ideas and theories is welcome.
                              2.  No gratuitous profanity.
                              3.  No "kook" posts.
                              4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
                              5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

                                     Hum <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hum&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=0OxvRH15-mKAeOgbs_YcAg> North america <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=North+america&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=KNF03YMAAZcpMpQ8sqdmJg> United kingdom <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=United+kingdom&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=apq5ocm_4QaMqJUnSqa52g> Kokomo indiana <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kokomo+indiana&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=_SBu_r7OMIUcoWKcXdPiWQ> United states <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=United+states&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=_jqLhnonqsO9kp03v14rSA> Taos new mexico <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Taos+new+mexico&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=OSiJKNKM5mn5dEV2Or8wng>

                              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                              Carole,

                                 Occam's Raisor (if I have spelled it right) is a principle that guides science and says of two (or more) competing explanations, if all explain the data equally well, the simplest is correct.  This doesn't mean that complicated theories, such as the Theory of Relativity are incorrect.  It means that the simplest explanation may be the one that on the surface appears not simple, but is actually simpler than others that may appear simple but require additional postulates to explain the data.  For example, Einstein developed relativity theory because he realized that classical electrodynamics (without relativity theory) could not explain all the observed properties of electromagnetism without having to introduce additional postulates.  Einstein sought to make descriptions of electric and magnetic fields independent of the frame of reference in which the measurements are made - whether it be fixed or moving.  In order to do this, he found it necessary to consider a transformation in which time is different when an observer in a moving frame can also receive signals from an observer in a fixed frame.  While this may seem to violate the principle of simplest explanation, in fact the whole set of postulates and deductions that constitute the theory of relativity yields the simplest explanation that is consistent with all the experimental data obtained to date.

                              |Bill P. Curry, PhD         EMSciTek Consulting Co.|
                              |(630 858-9377              Fax (630) 858-9159     |
                              |               Physics is fun!                    | |__________________________________________________|
                            • Selene
                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                                Thank you!  Always something new to learn, even at my advanced age...
                                ~ Carole

                                 Carole
                                Central California

                              • Selene
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                                  My left-ear hum always sounds like it's about 2 inches outside my left ear.
                                  ~ Carole

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                                    I know I said awhile back that I thought that the hum, for me at least, is internal.  What's been going through my head is that there is some internal factor we have in common that allows us to hear the hum.  The hum itself is external.  I've been thinking for some time that it is some natural Earth phenomenon, or maybe there's a Sun-Earth connection.  I don't know, I'm just rambling here.  If it is indeed the Earth, I wonder what she's trying to tell us.  Slow down, maybe?
                                    ~ Carole

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 4, 2006
                                      I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian who is very interested in learning what other people believe and teach.  ~ Carole

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                          Jerry, when I hear - and sometimes when I think I FEEL the hum - I am
                                          reminded of a radio that came out sometime in the 1980s (I think)
                                          called the Bone Phone. A person would "drape" the radio over their
                                          neck and shoulders and the sound would radiate through their bones
                                          into their heads. If I recall correctly, it was relatively quiet to
                                          those who would be near the wearer, but the wearer would hear it
                                          loudly.

                                          There is also new cell phone technology out there also being called a
                                          bone phone as it uses the bones or your skull to transmit the sound.
                                          So I think anything could be possible in how each of us may "hear"
                                          this hum!

                                          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Cummings <futures8@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                          > >left ear, and there is no natural explanation for that.
                                          > >
                                          > >There may indeed be other Hums produced by electromagnetic
                                          radiation
                                          > >or in people's minds, but the stronger manifestations that I have
                                          > >experienced clearly seem to be acoustic.
                                          > >
                                          > >Alan
                                          > >

                                          > >Posting Guidelines:
                                          > >
                                          > >1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
                                          > >ideas and theories is welcome.
                                          > >2. No gratuitous profanity.
                                          > >3. No "kook" posts.
                                          > >4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive
                                          > >content. In general, no more than three per person per day.
                                          > >5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state,
                                          country).

                                          t=ms&k=Hum&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kokomo+indiana
                                          &w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=0OxvRH15-
                                          mKAeOgbs_YcAg>Hum
                                          > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                          t=ms&k=North+america&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Koko
                                          mo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=KNF03YMA
                                          AZcpMpQ8sqdmJg>North
                                          > >america
                                          > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                          t=ms&k=United+kingdom&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kok
                                          omo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=apq5ocm
                                          _4QaMqJUnSqa52g>United
                                          > >kingdom
                                          > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                          t=ms&k=Kokomo+indiana&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Kok
                                          omo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=_SBu_r7
                                          OMIUcoWKcXdPiWQ>Kokomo
                                          > >indiana
                                          > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                          t=ms&k=United+states&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Koko
                                          mo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=_jqLhnon
                                          qsO9kp03v14rSA>United
                                          > >states
                                          > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                          t=ms&k=Taos+new+mexico&w1=Hum&w2=North+america&w3=United+kingdom&w4=Ko
                                          komo+indiana&w5=United+states&w6=Taos+new+mexico&c=6&s=108&.sig=OSiJKN
                                          KM5mn5dEV2Or8wng>Taos
                                          > >new mexico

                                          > > *
                                          > > <mailto:humforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
                                          > >
                                          > > *
                                          > >

                                          > >----------

                                        • David Deming
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                            Galileo on Theories

                                            > Thank you, Bill.  I recently bought a book called "The Final Theory", by Mark
                                            > McCutcheon, which purports to have a theory that explains everything.

                                            Reminds me of a quote from Galileo.  It goes something like this:

                                            "The vain attempt to explain everything can have no other source
                                            than understanding nothing."

                                            --DD
                                          • Jim Egger
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                              Alan,

                                              Oh I definitley believe that some of the hums are acoustic as yours was at
                                              least some of the time. For some people in highly developed urban areas
                                              acoustic hums may be more the norm as a matter of fact. It seems that for a
                                              lot of us if not the bulk of us as per our posts here on this forum, it has
                                              little or nothing to do with normal acoustical sources such as plumbing,
                                              busy highways, factories etc.
                                              It is not to say that transduction could not also be takin place in some
                                              external objects such as walls, pictures and other material objects acting
                                              as a sort of speaker. There are a lot of interesting possibilities all
                                              around us but no one is really seriously looking into this hum thing to my
                                              knowlege.

                                              I just saw on the science channel another interesting program about a
                                              recently declassified program the government has been operating for some
                                              time involving using secret military aircraft flying above to transmit
                                              powerful radio frequencies that they use to influence peoples thought
                                              processes. They were using it to put fear and angst in the heads of enemy
                                              soldiers - a mind control effort to say the least. I don't remember the name
                                              of the program but will look it up if I can and spell it out here in this
                                              forum. Who knows what all is going on anymore.

                                              The evidence is piling up that we are just guinea pigs in someones
                                              experiment.

                                              Sincerely,
                                              Jim Egger
                                              Palmer, Alaska

> [...]
                                              > off the
                                              >> cuff explanation conjured up just to placate the masses and quiet
                                              > things
                                              >> down. I believe that the hum is an example of a phenomenon that is
                                              > getting
                                              >> that kind of treatment especially since the percentage of people who
                                              > are
                                              >> obviously suffering from it is so low. There is too much money
                                              > involved in
                                              >> all the technology involved to be serious about demonstrating any ill
                                              >> effects on populations - they don't want to, it would hurt the
                                              > bottom line.
                                              >>
                                              >> Try to get funding for research into something that they don't want
                                              > to have
                                              >> demonstrated !
                                              >>
                                              >> So who are the they ? Good question. I'll bet one thing for certain,

                                            • Alan Stevens
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                                Jim,

                                                Like I said, I don't think that a Hum being generated about 2 inches
                                                outside of my left ear, as confirmed by earmuff blocking, has anything
                                                to do with normal acoustical sources (such as plumbing, busy highways,
                                                factories etc.).

                                                Like you have said, biology is very complex, and the mind could be
                                                "tricked" into perceiving hearing something when there was no
                                                acoustical stimulus, but in my case I have not been "tricked" by any
                                                other sound; and my test seems to make it very obvious that, at
                                                least in those few cases, something that was invisible to the eye was
                                                causing a loud acoustical Hum about 2 inches outside of my left ear.

                                                This is much weirder than a Hum that did not change due to acoustic
                                                blocking such as earmuffs, because in that case an electromagnetic
                                                source could be the reason.

                                                Alan

                                                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Egger" <aeroqst@...> wrote:

                                                > Alan,
                                                >
                                                > Oh I definitley believe that some of the hums are acoustic as yours
                                                was at
                                                > least some of the time. For some people in highly developed urban areas
                                                > acoustic hums may be more the norm as a matter of fact. It seems
                                                that for a
                                                > lot of us if not the bulk of us as per our posts here on this forum,
                                                it has
                                                > little or nothing to do with normal acoustical sources such as
                                                plumbing,
                                                > busy highways, factories etc.
                                                > It is not to say that transduction could not also be takin place in
                                                some
                                                > external objects such as walls, pictures and other material objects
                                                acting
                                                > as a sort of speaker. There are a lot of interesting possibilities all
                                                > around us but no one is really seriously looking into this hum thing
                                                to my
                                                > knowlege.
                                                >
                                                > I just saw on the science channel another interesting program about a
                                                > recently declassified program the government has been operating for
                                                some
                                                > time involving using secret military aircraft flying above to transmit
                                                > powerful radio frequencies that they use to influence peoples thought
                                                > processes. They were using it to put fear and angst in the heads of
                                                enemy
                                                > soldiers - a mind control effort to say the least. I don't remember
                                                the name
                                                > of the program but will look it up if I can and spell it out here in
                                                this
                                                > forum. Who knows what all is going on anymore.
                                                >
                                                > The evidence is piling up that we are just guinea pigs in someones
                                                > experiment.
                                                >
                                                > Sincerely,
                                                > Jim Egger
                                                > Palmer, Alaska

                                              • Jim Egger
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                                  Alan,

                                                  That is wierd ! If it happens again where it sounds as if it is 2 inches
                                                  outside of your ear try putting a barrier like a piece of cardboard between
                                                  your ear and the sound like 1/2 inch off your ear to see if it mitigates it
                                                  some. Try moving it away from your ear and see if there is some point it
                                                  suddenly increases back to the same intensity as with no barrier. By putting
                                                  something on your head in contact with your ears you may be putting pressure
                                                  on the inner ear area that will mitigate sound somewhat . If there is a
                                                  point of sound production 2 inches from your ear then when the barrier moves
                                                  just past it there should be a sudden increase as the sound is added to by
                                                  reflection.

                                                  Sincerely,
                                                  Jim Egger

> [...]
                                                  >> soldiers - a mind control effort to say the least. I don't remember
                                                  > the name
                                                  >> of the program but will look it up if I can and spell it out here in
                                                  > this
                                                  >> forum. Who knows what all is going on anymore.
                                                  >>
                                                  >> The evidence is piling up that we are just guinea pigs in someones
                                                  >> experiment.
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Sincerely,
                                                  >> Jim Egger
                                                  >> Palmer, Alaska
                                                  >>

                                                  > Posting Guidelines:
                                                  >
                                                  > 1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
                                                  > ideas and theories is welcome.
                                                  > 2. No gratuitous profanity.
                                                  > 3. No "kook" posts.
                                                  > 4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.
                                                  > In general, no more than three per person per day.
                                                  > 5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

                                                • Selene
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                                    Carole's Variation on Occam's Razor:

                                                    If the theory is simple enough for me to understand, it's probably wrong!

                                                      ~ Carole

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006
                                                      Jim,

                                                      Thank you! That is a simple idea, but I had not thought of it yet! I
                                                      am open to any good ideas.

                                                      Something thicker like a book about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick would be a
                                                      good thing to try as well, since it would tend to block sound moreso
                                                      than a sheet of cardboard.

                                                      Alan

                                                    • Jim Egger
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Mar 5, 2006