Re Magnetic Storms/Space Weather Outlook

  • Leah Ryan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Thanks, Arne, for the informative URL (see third posting below) on the magnetosphere.

      Here is another link on magnetic storms:

      Peace, Leah
      (south shore of Long Island,NY USA)

      Selene wrote:
      Karen, you might be interested in reading "The Highly Sensitive Person", by Elaine Aron.  (It was suggested to me several months ago by another member of the forum.)  Seems some of us are much more strongly affected by sensory input than most people; could be why you felt weak around the time of the solar storms.  Or not.  But it's an interesting book, anyway.
      ~ Carole

      karen &James Butler <butlerjk2000@...> wrote:
      Thanks,  Arne, the reason I asked is this...I went to my daughter's in January, the hum was here and there as well but with all the distractions I felt pretty good. At the end of the week of my stay the solar storms were intense..I didn't know this at the time, but I got very weak and sick feeling at the time. I read your posts on this but kept this to myself as I really don't need r! idicule at this time. Did the solar storms have anything to do with my condition?  I can't prove it but it seems that I may be what's called electro-sensitive and electromagnetic storms wouldn't help the condition. I believe the Hum has an E-M thing too. I've posted before that we have what is called dead or bad places here in our woods. Plant life is stunted and you don't see animal tracks, but you can hear the hum. ~Karen~

      A & J M <stonehollow@...> wrote:
      The earth's magnetosphere is one thing that changes - day to night, at the very least.  See http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wms1.html for a pictorial representation.  I mostly hear it during the evening/night, so I try to find things that match up with that (light makes no difference).  If the hum has an E-M component (I think it does), significant solar activity can change it, as has been proven by electric utility equipment failures during solar storms.  There's even a website to warn them of possible upcoming grid effects.

      So far, I haven't been able to see a connection (for me).

      Arne
      Central Minnesota