RE: HUM_FORUM: Space Weather Outlook

  • karen &James Butler
    Message 1 of 54 , Feb 28, 2006
      Thanks Carole, I was dubbed a hypersensitive child back in the early 60's. I' going to check into this book! Thanks so much for the note on this. Yeah, sensory input and all that goes with it has been my curse for a long time. The shrinks, before I cut them loose, told me that while it appeared that I was hypersensitive to my surroundings and environment, they believed it was due to  a chemical imbalance! So in other words if you feel or sense things that are outside what everybody else is seeing, feeling or hearing, then you have a chemical imbalance and are mentally ill!   So, if you have an edge on things, you're just flat out crazy!

      Selene <ccarrike@...> wrote:
      Karen, you might be interested in reading "The Highly Sensitive Person", by Elaine Aron.  (It was suggested to me several months ago by another member of the forum.)  Seems some of us are much more strongly affected by sensory input than most people; could be why you felt weak around the time of the solar storms.  Or not.  But it's an interesting book, anyway.
      ~ Carole

      karen &James Butler <butlerjk2000@...> wrote:
      Thanks,  Arne, the reason I asked is this...I went to my daughter's in January, the hum was here and there as well but with all the distractions I felt pretty good. At the end of the week of my stay the solar storms were intense..I didn't know this at the time, but I got very weak and sick feeling at the time. I read your posts on this but kept this to myself as I really don't need ridicule at this time. Did the solar storms have anything to do with my condition?  I can't prove it but it seems that I may be what's called electro-sensitive and electromagnetic storms wouldn't help the condition. I believe the Hum has an E-M thing too. I've posted before that we have what is called dead or bad places here in our woods. Plant life is stunted and you don't see animal tracks, but you can hear the hum. ~Karen~

      A & J M <stonehollow@...> wrote:
      The earth's magnetosphere is one thing that changes - day to night, at the very least.  See http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wms1.html for a pictorial representation.  I mostly hear it during the evening/night, so I try to find things that match up with that (light makes no difference).  If the hum has an E-M component (I think it does), significant solar activity can change it, as has been proven by electric utility equipment failures during solar storms.  There's even a website to warn them of possible upcoming grid effects.

      So far, I haven't been able to see a connection (for me).

      Arne
      Central Minnesota

      Message 54 of 54 , Nov 28, 2007
        They probably would but they don't hear the hum   Matter of fact they think I'm nuts.  My hubby doesn't hear the damn thing either.  I just know I didn't have a good time there the last visit because the hum was so loud.  Cerrillos is about halfway between Albuquerque and Santa Fe off route 14.  If you live in Santa Fe you probably know where Cerrillos is.  I can ask them for you but I can't make any promises.

        Sue Schmitt