Hum is very loud here!!!

  • karen &James Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hi Folks,
      We had a night of stormy weather most of the night. I had trouble
      sleeping and noticed when one storm would pass through and it got quiet
      you could hear the hum at about a 2. then another storm would come over
      and I couldn't hear it. this went on all night. this morning its cloudy
      and the rain has stopped for now and the hum is very loud. It reminds
      me of those old mad scientist movies and you'd hear all their humming
      noises in the laboratory. Its really kinda creepy. Its as though its
      been energized. I feel this tremendous pressure in my ears and sinus
      cavities. It seems like for me that when there is a prescence of a lot
      of moisture or water the thing gets louder and intensifies.
      I'd like to add that when I was at my brother's in La. the hum
      was low and loud. He lives next to the Mississippi River. It was loud
      at my daughter's house in Tupelo and she is near the Tombigbee waterway
      and there are some swamplands near her home.It was so loud up there
      that you could hear it easily out on the back porch. Jerry in Fla, I
      know is near water and look at the misery he's having. I know that Anne
      is in a dry place right now and I should really look at the map closer
      and see if there are a lot of you near large bodies of water. I'm just
      telling you what my experience has been. This morning, after the rain
      stoppped, my dogs went totally nuts howling. Its not like them to howl
      and carry on so after sunrise unless the hum is strong. My old dog,age
      12,shakes his head and picks his feet up high from the ground. The
      little dachshund mix always seems to suffer the worse for it.
      Arne, you're absolutely right. More of us should have answered
      the poll. I aplologize as I just overlooked it. I did take the Hum
      survey sometime back on the Taos hum page. I think we all need to
      figure some way of collecting our data and putting it together. The map
      helps a lot. I've been trying to listen to changes in the hum and
      notice the weather and atmospheric conditions. My husband being the
      true Californian that he is has suggessted that since its caused me so
      much misery and since its going to be with me that I ought to just go
      all out activist in our area. I'd write our politicians but the problem
      is that I don't know that it'd do any good as they aren't exactly on
      the side of the enviroment if you know what I mean. anyway, just
      keeping posted on what's happening here.
      ~Karen~