Introduction to the Group

  • matthewnote
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2005
      Good afternoon.

      I am an electronics engineer, 45 years old. After someone shared
      information with me about pulsed electromagnetic fields, I stopped
      working with radar in the field, by choice. In my spare time I
      research the overview and have joined this group to study more.

      Recentlye, I looked at HAARP. I have no facts to offer yet if it
      is hum related. The HAARP patent quotes Tesla patents, according to
      literature, and that includes transferring large amounts of energy
      by air or ground. It may be able to transmit generally, then send
      a prepared pulse of destructive force inbetween with barely a pause.

      For anyone who has time, did you notice anything different around
      Sept 14th, or afterwards (article below)? HAARP was, according to
      watchgroups, being put into practice in various phases of
      construction. Was the hum different or missing that day?

      I look forward to reading through your accounts, and offering
      observations when of interest. I've lived in north Germany for ten
      years, and did not notice the hum there, or I do not have the
      sensitivity for it.

      regards
      Matthew

      Huge Alaska landslide gets attention of seismologists

      Associated Press

      ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A huge landslide down a remote peak in Alaska
      caught the attention of scientists because it registered on
      seismographs around the world.

      "The rock slide is indeed enormous, but I think the thing that's
      really unusual is the seismic signal is much larger than what you'd
      expect," said seismologist Jackie Caplan-Auerbach with the Alaska
      Volcano Observatory. "We're still trying to figure out why."

      The slide shook the earth with as much vigor as a magnitude 3.8 quake
      and dumped an estimated 65 million cubic yards of rock and ice from
      the south face of 10,500-foot Mount Steller on Sept. 14. The mountain
      is about 240 miles east of Anchorage south of Wrangell-Saint Elias
      National Park in the eastern Chugach Mountains.
    • Bill Curry
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2005
        on 10/4/05 12:18 PM, matthewnote at matthewnote@... wrote:

        > Good afternoon.
        >
        > I am an electronics engineer, 45 years old. After someone shared
        > information with me about pulsed electromagnetic fields, I stopped
        > working with radar in the field, by choice. In my spare time I
        > research the overview and have joined this group to study more.
        >
        > Recentlye, I looked at HAARP. I have no facts to offer yet if it
        > is hum related. The HAARP patent quotes Tesla patents, according to
        > literature, and that includes transferring large amounts of energy
        > by air or ground. It may be able to transmit generally, then send
        > a prepared pulse of destructive force inbetween with barely a pause.
        >
        > For anyone who has time, did you notice anything different around
        > Sept 14th, or afterwards (article below)? HAARP was, according to
        > watchgroups, being put into practice in various phases of
        > construction. Was the hum different or missing that day?
        >
        > I look forward to reading through your accounts, and offering
        > observations when of interest. I've lived in north Germany for ten
        > years, and did not notice the hum there, or I do not have the
        > sensitivity for it.
        >
        > regards
        > Matthew
        >
        > Huge Alaska landslide gets attention of seismologists
        >
        > Associated Press
        >
        > ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A huge landslide down a remote peak in Alaska
        > caught the attention of scientists because it registered on
        > seismographs around the world.
        >
        > "The rock slide is indeed enormous, but I think the thing that's
        > really unusual is the seismic signal is much larger than what you'd
        > expect," said seismologist Jackie Caplan-Auerbach with the Alaska
        > Volcano Observatory. "We're still trying to figure out why."
        >
        > The slide shook the earth with as much vigor as a magnitude 3.8 quake
        > and dumped an estimated 65 million cubic yards of rock and ice from
        > the south face of 10,500-foot Mount Steller on Sept. 14. The mountain
        > is about 240 miles east of Anchorage south of Wrangell-Saint Elias
        > National Park in the eastern Chugach Mountains.
        >

        > Posting Guidelines:
        >
        > 1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
        > ideas and theories is welcome.
        > 2. No gratuitous profanity.
        > 3. No "kook" posts.
        > 4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content. In
        > general, no more than three per person per day.
        > 5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Matthew,

        In a post on 7/31/05 entitled " Circle in vapor image plus some
        defficiencies of the Eastlund patents for ionospheric heating" I criticized
        some of the Eastlund patents for ignoring the energy costs associated with
        radiation by synchrotron emission from the electrons energized by the
        ionospheric heaters. I used this argument to indicate that the loss of
        energy by this process would make unlikely Eastlund's claim to "lift"
        sections of the ionosphere. I don't doubt that HAARP and its cousins can
        produce ELF/ULF electromagnetic emissions, but a credible mechanism to
        convert that radiation to acoustic sensations has not been demonstrated, to
        my knowledge. If you any information to the contrary, I would like to know
        about it.

        Regards, Bill

        |Bill P. Curry, PhD EMSciTek Consulting Co.|
        |(630 858-9377 Fax (630) 858-9159 |
        | Physics is fun! |
        |__________________________________________________|
      • jherrbachlowe
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
          Greetings Matthew! We're glad to have you part of this group. I'm a
          hearer, but not a scientist or engineer and I'm in the US midwest
          where the world is relatively stable (so far).

          I too saw the AP article about the Alaskan rockslide creating a huge
          seismic event. I find I'm paying attention to reports of odd earth
          events, especially since 4 typhoons have hit China in the past month,
          and yesterday another earthquake hit Banda Aceh in Indonesia (where
          the tsunami began). Of course, the US has had 2 major hurricanes in
          the past 3 months, in a hurricane season twice as active as usual. I
          also read about late August's unusual flooding in Switzerland and
          neighboring areas.

          It seems to me that parts of the world are undergoing turbulent
          stresses and I can't help but wonder at the cause. Global warming
          may account for some of this, as may the recent solar storms. There
          have been 17 X-class flares so far in 2005 (much more active than
          expected) most recently on on Sept 7.

          I don't know much about Tesla's theories which I hear are the basis
          of HAARP. Maybe you could help us laypeople understand the concept of
          the earth as an electromagnetic generator and what HAARP is trying to
          accomplish?

          I've just come across a related concept called the Schumann
          Resonance, which is very "new-age" and seems to describe Earth's
          background base frequency, or "heartbeat" - 45 Hz (which is about
          what I think I hear) is one of the frequencies involved. Here's an
          odd webpage I ran across - I wonder what real science thinks of it?
          http://www.phils.com.au/haarp.htm

          Judi in St. Louie
        • Selene
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
            That's a huge amount of energy.  Are you saying you think the landslide might have been set off by HAARP?  My feeling is, if the government has that much energy available, they could do us all a favor by sharing some of it.  They keep raising the prices, and blame it on short supply!

            ~ Carole

            matthewnote <matthewnote@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! for Good

          • Patty
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
              Matthew, I looked back for messages posted on or around Sep 14th.
              Msgs 4592 (Carole) & 4599 (Arne) mention Aurora events on Sep 15. My
              own msg 4589 (Patty) mentions the hum had been a 10 in intensity from
              Sep 1st through Sep 15. It also mentioned that the huge solar flare
              activity on Sep 1 was supposed to effect us for two weeks, which would
              be Sep 14 exactly. Hope others add more information.

              Your interest, and expertise is appreciated. Where are you located?
              Patty
              Colfax/CA/US

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
                Hi there Patty and Matthew (and all) -
                I've been watching the solar flare activity too. Here's an
                interesting article on the recent high activity (9 big flares). The
                biggest flare was on 9/7/05, but I don't know how long it took to
                reach the earth. http://earthfiles.com/news/news.cfm?
                ID=985&category=Science

                Judi in St. Louie

              • A & J M
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
                  Clarification - my observation of the Aurora was on Saturday, Sep. 10
                  (reported on Sep 15).

                  Arne
                  Central Minnesota

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005
                    Transit time (solar wind speed is 300-800 km/sec) should be around 50 to 150
                    hours (2 to 6 days). Looks like 9/9 to 9/13, depending on the particle
                    speed. This is consistent with my observation early in the morning on
                    9/10.

                    Arne
                    Central Minnesota