Re: HUM_FORUM: Response to Arne: RF filters/Christine

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5 11:43 AM
      In a message dated 05/07/2005 18:33:18 GMT Daylight Time, MartWitherington@... writes:
      In a message dated 09/06/05 01:01:00 GMT Daylight Time, aeroqst@... writes:

      Patty,
      I heard the same hum out on the lake paddling as I did on shore when I was
      canoeing out back here.

      Sincerely
      Jim Egger
      Palmer, Alaska

      Jim, what about really out on water off shore by some miles.
      Comment please

      mart UK

      ==============================
      And may I suggest another experiment, go up in a hot air balloon, and listen without, then with, earmuffs on, to muffle any wind noise.......
      R.M.   Southampton, England.
      P.S., Hi, Martin, Hope you ae well....you didn't say if you wanted to try the Active Noise Control Headset, it is in London at present , with a LFN sufferer (bad building and neighbour noise, worst case I've encountered so far).
    • A & J M
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5 3:01 PM
        Nothing, literally.  It's a canoeing wilderness area in Canada.  The map below shows the power lines follow the Queens highway.  We were between that and the US border.

        Arne
        Central Minnesota

        From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MartWitherington@...

        what about underground pipelines, Water, Gas, Oil? National transmission system are not seen, not used in the areas they cross.
        mart UK

        In a message dated 08/06/05 12:17:10 GMT Daylight Time, stonehollow@... writes:

        Positive.  This was in Quetico Provincial Park - no motors, no generators, no motorboats, travel by (paddle) canoe only.  The closest power source was a (very) small hydroelectric generator 50 miles away at the Prairie Portage ranger cabin - it's big enough to run their refrigerator and radio, nothing more.

        Arne
        Central Minnesota
      • Jim Egger
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5 11:19 PM
          Mart,

          I can't say I have heard it way out on theb water as I have not been far out on any body of water to be able to check it out. I just got back from a trip up to Paxson area here in Alaska where we aere camping out at Tangle Lakes halfway between Anchorage and Fairbanks out in the middle of the Alaskan Wilderness - I heard the hum there - same one as I hear at home. I drove right by the HAARP site near Gakona by the way. I did not notice any increase in activity when doing so but no decrease either. The road that turns off the highway to the HAARP site is not well marked as I did not see it as such.

          Sincerely,
          Jim Egger
          Palmer, Alaska