man made or not

  • elcerrotome
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2005
      I have been a member for a while, and have been listening to the
      chatter about the HUM. What we do know is it oscillates, and changes
      oscillation frequency. The pitch changes from a whine to an irritating
      pinging sound. Sometimes it seems like a stereo Hemi-Sync db variation
      produced by the Monroe Institute. And sometimes it disappears
      completely.
      This to my mind makes it a deliberate man made phenomenon for what
      purpose we don't know? We are just unlucky enough to hear it, or maybe
      lucky enough to be able to bring this to the attention of the general
      public. But, like trying to tell another person "can't you hear it",
      they think we are crazy or it is just in our heads. They don't know how
      irritating and impossible it is to get away from, but it is effecting
      them also to what ever design it is being produced. All I know it is
      deliberate, but to what ends is for us to find out and bring into the
      light!
    • Rossen
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2005
        Hello elcerrotome,

        I am absolutely convinced of four things:
        1. The hum is real phenomenon.
        2. The cause of the hum is out of our heads.
        3. The hum is man made.
        4. The hum is more harmfull to the unhearers than to the hearers.

        Rossen
        Sofia, Bulgaria

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "elcerrotome" <taska11@m...> wrote:
        > I have been a member for a while, and have been listening to the
        > chatter about the HUM. What we do know is it oscillates, and
        changes
        > oscillation frequency. The pitch changes from a whine to an
        irritating
        > pinging sound. Sometimes it seems like a stereo Hemi-Sync db
        variation
        > produced by the Monroe Institute. And sometimes it disappears
        > completely.
        > This to my mind makes it a deliberate man made phenomenon for what
        > purpose we don't know? We are just unlucky enough to hear it, or
        maybe
        > lucky enough to be able to bring this to the attention of the
        general
        > public. But, like trying to tell another person "can't you hear
        it",
        > they think we are crazy or it is just in our heads. They don't know
        how
        > irritating and impossible it is to get away from, but it is
        effecting
        > them also to what ever design it is being produced. All I know it
        is
        > deliberate, but to what ends is for us to find out and bring into
        the
        > light!
      • Selene
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hi, Rossen.  Why do you believe the hum is more harmful to those who don't hear it?  ~ Carole

          Rossen <brumnauka@...> wrote:
          Hello elcerrotome,

          I am absolutely convinced of four things:
          1. The hum is real phenomenon.
          2. The cause of the hum is out of our heads.
          3. The hum is man made.
          4. The hum is more harmfull to the unhearers than to the hearers.

          Rossen
          Sofia, Bulgaria

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "elcerrotome" <taska11@m...> wrote:
          > I have been a member for a while, and have been listening to the
          > chatter about the HUM. What we do know is it oscillates, and
          changes
          > oscillation frequency. The pitch changes from a whine to an
          irritating
          > pinging sound. Sometimes it seems like a stereo Hemi-Sync db
          variation
          > produced by the Monroe Institute. And sometimes it disappears
          > completely.
          > This to my mind makes it a deliberate man made phenomenon for what
          > purpose we don't know? We are just unlucky enough to hear it, or
          maybe
          > lucky enough to be able to bring this to the attention of the
          general
          > public. But, like trying to tell another person "can't you hear
          it",
          > they think we are crazy or it is just in our heads. They don't know
          how
          > irritating and impossible it is to get away from, but it is
          effecting
          > them also to what ever design it is being produced. All I know it
          is
          > deliberate, but to what ends is for us to find out and bring into
          the
          > light!

          Posting Guidelines:

          1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
          ideas and theories is welcome.
          2.  No gratuitous profanity.
          3.  No "kook" posts.
          4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
          5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

          Discover Yahoo!
        • jlocke3000
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi Carole,

            Methinks, and I could be wrong, that if it's true that the HUM is
            manmade, and that if it has some nefarious purpose,(or even if it
            doesn't have a nefarious purpose, ie: just submarine
            communications) those that actually HEAR the HUM can take some
            sort of protective measures against physiological or pyschological
            harm, (masking the sound for instance).
            Remembering that the HUM is on the threshold of human hearing, it
            can theorectically affect even a non hearer in some sort of
            detrimental way. Like, the pulses are still flowing through a
            persons body even if they hear them or not!

            Disclaimer...I'm guessing here of Rossen's meaning, but this is just
            my thoughts and conjecture on the matter. I do know that the HUM
            afects my hearing and also keeps me from having a good night sleep.
            It also makes me irratable. God only knows what else can be affected
            by ELF, but there was some discussion the previous day I think on
            this matter.

            John

            Marietta, GA

            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Selene <ccarrike@y...> wrote:
            > Hi, Rossen. Why do you believe the hum is more harmful to those
            who don't hear it? ~ Carole

            > Rossen <brumnauka@y...> wrote:Hello elcerrotome,
            >
            > I am absolutely convinced of four things:
            > 1. The hum is real phenomenon.
            > 2. The cause of the hum is out of our heads.
            > 3. The hum is man made.
            > 4. The hum is more harmfull to the unhearers than to the hearers.
            >
            > Rossen
            > Sofia, Bulgaria
            >
            > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "elcerrotome" <taska11@m...>
            wrote:
            > > I have been a member for a while, and have been listening to the
            > > chatter about the HUM. What we do know is it oscillates, and
            > changes
            > > oscillation frequency. The pitch changes from a whine to an
            > irritating
            > > pinging sound. Sometimes it seems like a stereo Hemi-Sync db
            > variation
            > > produced by the Monroe Institute. And sometimes it disappears
            > > completely.
            > > This to my mind makes it a deliberate man made phenomenon for
            what
            > > purpose we don't know? We are just unlucky enough to hear it, or
            > maybe
            > > lucky enough to be able to bring this to the attention of the
            > general
            > > public. But, like trying to tell another person "can't you hear
            > it",
            > > they think we are crazy or it is just in our heads. They don't
            know
            > how
            > > irritating and impossible it is to get away from, but it is
            > effecting
            > > them also to what ever design it is being produced. All I know
            it
            > is
            > > deliberate, but to what ends is for us to find out and bring
            into
            > the
            > > light!
            >

            > Posting Guidelines:
            >
            > 1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
            > ideas and theories is welcome.
            > 2. No gratuitous profanity.
            > 3. No "kook" posts.
            > 4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive
            content. In general, no more than three per person per day.
            > 5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state,
            country).

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            > Discover Yahoo!
            > Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM & more. Check
            it out!
          • jlocke3000
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
              To be honest though...I really don't feel that lucky being able to
              hear this HUM thing.

              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "jlocke3000" <jlocke3000@y...>

            • Selene
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                True enough.  But maybe there is a purpose for it.  ~ Carole

                http://mail.yahoo.com