The HUM in Toronto

  • buzzn8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Do not worry, you are not nuts. There are plenty of people out there
      all over the world that are experiencing the same, or at least very
      similar, effects that you are.

      There is a very small percent of us that can pick up on this
      widespread vibration. I have heard it since around 1986. Since then
      I have heard it everywhere I go at about the same intensity. (24/7
      for the past 17 years, until it kicked up another notch (BAM)last
      spring.

      When I started to hear it, I was very puzzled by it. As I work at a
      coal mine, I thought it may be the hum of the monstrous dragline with
      it's huge electric motor sets.

      Well, I sure knew it was not going to sound 30 miles away where I
      live in town. The sound I heard in town was the same sound I heard
      at work. Even at work, when I got over a hill, away from the
      dragline, I really could not hear it.

      The sound I heard was not one that I could put a direction of origin
      on. It seemed to be everywhere and sounded like a big transport
      plane in the sky, but the sound never changed. That aircraft just
      never got any closer.

      The sound has become much stronger since last March 2003. I used to
      hear it as a strong pulsation when it was fainter, but lately, it
      is a stronger signal. I found that my heartbeat was the reason I
      heard it pulsing in the manner I percieved it, until it got louder.

      My brother could hear it as a steady tone at the same time I heard it
      as a pulse. I think we both have nearly the same ear defect that
      helps us sense the hum. My wife also now hears the hum, since it got
      stronger in March 2003.

      You can have excellent hearing, although if you have a calcium
      buildup in the inner ear, that may well have an effect on you. That
      may explain the dizzines. Along with the low frequency vibration and
      calcium deposit, that can have a deleterious effect on your
      eqilibrium. I am living proof of that. I also have an ear defect
      which causes me to have no difference in sound when I talk with an
      earplug in my left ear. When I take a small tuning fork and let it
      vibrate on the top of my head, the sound I hear is concentrated near
      the skull near my left ear. When the dentist drill on my teeth,
      regardless of location, the vibration goes to myleft ear and skull,
      and, Oh, the vertigo is unbelievable.

      In 2001 I ended up going to the doctors after 2+ years of not being
      able to sleep very well. Even after hearing the hum for many years,
      it wasn't until 2001 when I started to feel super tired and
      experiencing strange feelings on my body. I started to get very
      sensitive to pain and had a hard time swallowing. Since 1994 I had
      been suffering from reactive airway since some doctor misdiagnosed a
      lung infection and put me on the wrong medicine and let it get real
      infected.

      Well, I ended up injuring myself with a terrible neckstrain on top of
      9 months of almost living at many doctor offices. I had two swallow
      tests with xray, allergy tests, colonoscopy,and visits to the doctor
      and emergency room visits.

      Finally the doctors got together and one representative told me they
      belived I had Fibromyalgia. They did not do the pressure tests; the
      just figured I felt achy and crappy for at least three consecutive
      months.

      I have experienced much of what our newest member from Toronto has
      gone through. Your vibration on certain areas of the body is more
      intense than I have had. I surely can tell from hearing about others
      that different geographical areas yield different experinces with the
      HUM. None of them are to be taken lightly. Each person percieves the
      HUM in a similar, yet often times in a unique manner in some nuance.

      I certainly see a very strong resembalnce in the symtoms of
      Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with the symptoms of being
      a hearer of the HUM with physical and mental results from hearing.

      Please hang in there in and keep in touch. Find a good doctor that
      knows about Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
      Until we find out more, I think that treating the effects as if they
      are one of those immune problems is a good help.

      It is good to get online and check the web on sites for FM, CFS, and
      exposure to low frequency waves, just see what similarities there are
      between them.

      Take Care,
      Rich
    • charlotte mitchell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        To Rich in Montana, thankyou for responding. Today
        was the first time I felt and heard the hum during the
        day.
        I hope thats not some sort of omen. I'm tracking it
        now on a calendar with times, intenisty and where on
        my body.

        I will check out those sites you mentioned. If you
        hear of anything new, please keep me posted. I'm still
        trying to absorb everything.

        Thanks again :)
        Take Care
        Charlotte