Re: HUM_FORUM: Two Hums

  • KD7JYK, 49H7KR
    Message 1 of 31 , May 3, 2005
      "but the facts for the lot of us show it to be rf in nature"

      You know, all the big signs, radiation burns, insanity, arcing between fillings in our teeth, death, all the signs of enough RF to create a hum heard worldwide.

      Just my 100 Watt transmitter can cause the problems mentioned above, if a high powered transmitter was the cause, wouldn't there be more effect in greater concentration near the source with the effects tapering with distance, such as the effects from nuclear radiation?  As does accoustic sounds, RF decreases exponentially with distance, a cordless telephone, about 1/10th of a Watt, will induce more RF into your head that a 1 MegaWatt transmitter several miles way will unless the energy is beamed directly at you, which brings up another interesting point, who has a whole bunch of microwave brain scramblers to track and annoy just a couple hundred of us worldwide no matter where we go?  Find out who you annoyed that has that capability and you'll find the cause of your hum.

      Kurt

      Rosetta Proving Ground, Nevada
      Hell's Laboratory
      Message 31 of 31 , May 4, 2005
        In a message dated 03/05/2005 17:24:06 GMT Daylight Time, e-ken@... writes:
        I've mentioned these same points to R.M. Jim but when confronted with data and logic
        that doesn't fit R.M.'s paradigm there is no response. To R. M., we who live in rural
        areas with NO OTHER POSSIBLE HUM SOURCE OTHER THAN EM are just ghosts to be
        ignored or lunatics to be taunted or perhaps suckers to sell some headphones to.

        I do hope that does not constitute a 'personal attack'. I do not sell headphones. I run a bona fide Helpline for Hum sufferers, and have no commercial involvement. If I recommend headphones (such as noise cancelling ones) then it is for a purely sympathetic and altruistic reason, not for monetray gain.
        All I can do is try to say what I feel is true,to try to help. Please at least have the courtesy to allow that. There is nothing wrong with people putting their points of view. We don't all have to agree, but what we need to do is remain polite, which is not the case in the message above from e-ken....it's not helpfulto resort to sarcasm.
        There may be several mechanisms involved here, but I am allowed to hold the view that most will be acoustic, if they are properly tested and tracked down, not just by assumptions...they need TESTING to show one way or the other what is going on.
         I spend a great deal of time helping people try various things to try not to go mad with their tormenting intrusive LFN noises.
        I have received many heartfelt , grateful letters from people who at last know they are not alone.
        But it still remains that in a democratic society, we are all allowed to put our points. If I don't agree with someone else's view, I can say so, politely. And I would appreciate others doing the same, and not resorting to anger or sarcasm, when their ideas are challenged.
        By the way, I see I have done more than 3 posts, apologies, but there is a backlog, and I don't think sarcasm should be aimed at me when I do try so hard to be reasonable and fair, offering lots of common sense ideas, which are in short supply, let's face it.
        R.M.     Southampton, England.