Re: HUM_FORUM: Micro hearing tests?

  • KD7JYK, 49H7KR
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      "isn't the logical next step being tested for microwave or radar hearing"

      Do you live at a high powered communications site within the focal point of a microwave transmission antenna or a radar installation?  Is your head stuck inside a microwave oven which is always running?

      If not I would rule out "microwave hearing".  Going to a test facility to create the condition may indicate that it can be created, but it will cease when the test stops which won't help explain why the hum is heard everywhere outsde the created test conditions.

      For example, one can always complain of a tooth ache.  I can kick someone in the stomach and duplicate the pain, but it doesn't help with narrowing down the cause or ceasing the the tooth ache.  Testing for microwave hearing to find the source of the hum is like shooting someone in the head with a hunting rifle to see if that may be one of the many ways to die, you know, just in case...

      Kurt

      Rosetta Proving Ground, Nevada
      Hell's Laboratory
    • Jim Egger
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2005
        Kurt,

        You know, I think testing for microwaves would be a great idea all over the world for that matter. It would be interesting to see if the hum shuts off at the same time all the microwaves shut off for example. That would answer all our questions if it occured.

        I don't know if where I live is in a focal point for any transmissions but the cell phones generally don't work as well here as other areas away from here at least from one company provider I know of. I can go for miles around here out in the middle of nowhere and still pick up the hum that is a fact for me here. I don't know what it is but I do know it is not acoustic noise.

        Sincerely,
        Jim Egger
        Palmer, Alaska
[...]

        Posting Guidelines:

        1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
        ideas and theories is welcome.
        2.  No gratuitous profanity.
        3.  No "kook" posts.
        4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
        5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

      • Jerry Cummings

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          -- incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

        • KD7JYK, 49H7KR
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2005
            You know, I think testing for microwaves would be a great idea all over the world for that matter. It would be interesting to see if the hum shuts off at the same time all the microwaves shut off for example. That would answer all our questions if it occured.

            The "microwave hearing" is created by much more than microwaves, from just above VHF on up.  Spectrum wise that is about 99% of the transmission equipment in existance.  I think the chances of having 0.1% shut down is pretty slim, if even by accident.

            I don't know if where I live is in a focal point for any transmissions but the cell phones generally don't work as well here as other areas away from here at least from one company provider I know of.

            That is a big clue.  If focused relatively high powered cell phone sites don't work well where you are then they would have even less of a chance of creating physiological side effects.

            The focal point of a microwave dish is where the actual antenna is.  For example on a satellite TV dish, it is the end of the cap on the thing supported by arms in front of the dish (LNA).  I don't think many people fit in these.  A large dish will have a focal point further out, but even the large communications dishes focal points are just a few feet in front of the dish.

            I can go for miles around here out in the middle of nowhere and still pick up the hum that is a fact for me here. I don't know what it is but I do know it is not acoustic noise.

            Miles around in the middle of no-where?  That certainly seems like an accoustic source unless all the microwave sources in the world are following you like tracking a satellite.

            I'd be more tha happy to support the theory of the cause being microwave, but even the logistics of one person being effectively irradiated walking across their front yard makes it near impossible.  For example...  Get a big spotlight, maybe something in the range of 10,000,000 candle power.  Get a generator trailer to power it, and strap the whole mess to your car.  Pick a random person and follow them while blasting them with the light.  You may be able to do it while they stand in one spot for a minute or two.  Now, firgure out where they are within their home and make certain you shine the light into the window of whatever room they are in.  Follow them as they go to work or do their shopping.  Follow them to school, while visiting friends and go on vacation.  They may do anything at any point in time and may even change their mind without you knowing.  Micrwaves, due to their nature are very much like light.  They are pointed, directed and relected with a little bit of energy going to the sides.  A good example is a flashlight with the main beam of light coming out the center of the reflector and a little bit in a cone shape outside of that.  Imagine all the logistics of above, and all the personnel and equipment it would take to beam one person and figure it for thousands of people wordwide all the time.

            Kurt
          • KD7JYK, 49H7KR

              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2005
                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Cummings <futures8@b...> wrote:

                > The reason I posted the fact that the "hum" disappeared for
                approximately
                > two weeks after hurricane Ivan destroyed so much in Santa Rosa
                County,
                > Florida was to solicit this sort of information. I do think that the
                "hum"
                > that I hear is totally man made and has a great deal to do with
                microwaves
                > - I live near two military bases and numerous microwave towers. So
                much was
                > "shut off" and there was no hum.

                Tropical storm Isabel in 2003 knocked out electric power for 95% of
                the power customers in central Virginia, and I could still hear the
                Hum, and my neighborhood was without power for 7 days.

                Alan