Researching the hum

  • Jim Egger
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2005
      Everyone hello,

      One thing I have learned about people over the years is that once someone has formed an opinion on something it is pretty darn hard if not impossible to get them to have an open mind on (especially) controversial subjects such as unexplained phenomenon. The hum is one of those. No one knows what it is just yet and all of us have our opinions on it. For someone who lives in an area where it is hard to get away from noise it would seem to slant one towards thinking it is acoustic. For those who live in areas where you can literally get away from it all then you may be thinking along the lines of some sort of transmission ie. electromagnetic. I think it is pretty obvious to people who have read my E-mails I am leaning towards the electromagnetic because of where I live and the type of "sound" I am hearing does not act like any sound I have ever dealt with. The Humlobotomist is convinced it has something to do with HAARP and/or EISCAT type experiments. While I don't discount that something could come of it since things are being done to "find out" what happens when we energize different parts of our planets ionosphere, nothing from such experiments has been shown to be connected to the hum definitively down here. On the otherhand it has not been shown that it won't affect us here either.

      For those who think there can be no connection between the earths upper atmosphereic reaches like the ionosphere and here on the surface, the evidence is against you. I mentioned sprites before which we have pictures of showing connection to thunderstorms beneath them which are our weather down here. Energy is being exchanged between the ionosphere and down here - lots of it !

      In 1989 a power transmission line in Quebec Canada went down and there was a blackout because of a power surge created by solar flares that disturbed the ionosphere that in turn ended up affecting the earths surface.

      Some people can "hear" the northern lights that occur in the ionosphere.... well gee... hows that possible ?

      There is a letter in the website I mentioned where a woman "heard" a plasma shere in a museum of science and was tested to see if she was actually picking up the rf waves from it and demonstrated decisively that she was indeed.

      There is overwhelming evidence to show that solar flares influence our weather patterns here on earth through effects they have on our ionosphere and magnetosphere. If they are not connected to the earth at its surface then how do you explain that ?

      The HAARP and related experiments with shooting large amounts of energy into the ionosphere are playing with forces that we have little understanding about. Part of the reasoning behind putting a HAARP transmitter up here in Alaska is because many considered it a dangerous project and did not want it near any  military or civilian areas because of its unknown effects. The Humlobotomist has some pretty detailed info on these projects and seems convinced that HAARP and its ilk may be responsible for the hum. I am not convinced they are but niether am I convinced they can't be because what affects the ionosphere does oftentimes affects what happens down here. I say keep looking into it Humlobotomist !

      In studying the Taos hum Sara T. Allen stated that she had gotten corroboration from Government service people that a device for detecting low frequency acoustic waves exists and is in operation that it is being used for world wide sub communication in the 7 hz range. It is known that some people are sensitive to the transmitted signals and can act as detectors which was an unforseen side effect and no one knows what to do about it. The place the atomic bomb was developed at, the Los Alamos National Labratory (LANL) is in some way assisting in this project.
      If anyone out there thinks the government would explain all that to us......... I say RRRRRRight !  Wanna buy a bridge?  I have one for sale !  Check out some of these letters at www.amasci.com/hum/info.txt if you have not already. The Taos hum was looked into back in the mid nineties.

      Personally, my thoughts are the hum is a by product of some newly used technology and not neccessarily with sinister intent but I do think it a side effect and it is known by SOMEONE who isn't saying for whatever reasons, most likely security. That makes it something other than a conspiracy as well. It may be (using logic) if that were the case and only a few per cent of the population is affected then for security reasons they won't be told even if it has ill effects such as on health. It has been done before and since with other events like the atomic bomb tests of the 50's and 60's and out on Amchitka Island in the 1970's.

      The hum shuts off for me here at times but I have not known modern civilization to shut off at times and there is not that much of it here in Alaska anyway where the hum shuts off at times like a switch was thrown. Does that really sound like noise from modern civilization ?

      There are no doubt a lot of people doing things with technology in the realm of transmitting devices that could very well be a source of the hum and unless one has the proper equipment to detect and locate OR someone who knows tells us all it may be a long hard effort to find it especially us poor folks who can't afford detection devices or don't know that much about what or how to look for "it". Our best bet is that someone will come forth and speak up and share some vital information with all of us.

      Sincerely,
      Jim Egger
      Palmer, Alaska

    • Selene
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
        Most people I talk to have never heard of the hum.  If we could get the message "out there", create enough interest, maybe something would get done.  A few months ago I sent an e-mail to Montel Williams about it, but never heard anything back.  What if we all bombarded him (or some other well-known personality) with e-mails and inquiries.  Do you think it would help to get things going?  ~ Carole

        Jim Egger <aeroqst@...> wrote:
[...]

        Posting Guidelines:

        1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
        ideas and theories is welcome.
        2.  No gratuitous profanity.
        3.  No "kook" posts.
        4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
        5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jim Egger
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
          Carole,

          I agree with getting the message out. I for one have been hearing the hum for at least 5 years and never gave a thought to it being something a LOT of people let alone anyone else was experiencing on a broad basis - world wide no less !  I found out about the hum being so prevalent on a fluke by checking online to see if there was such a thing./ In the short time I have known about it I have learned a lot from all of you and researching information sources. It is to me, a very curious thing and piques my scientific and investigative tendencies fiercely. We NEED a lot of people to get involved to put together the pieces of what seems to be a pretty big puzzle as no one seems to know anything about the source of the hum. If someone does know - then they are not saying which makes it all the more intriguing.

          The hum thing seems to be a bit on the order of UFO's in that unless everyone experiences it people will give you the odd looks common to looks people that report UFO's get. It apears that resources in the way of equipment and money will be needed to look into what it is and where it is coming from, equipment that I don't have and can't get as I am sure most of us can't. Someone like Montel would be a good way to get some attention. The kind of attention we need is a serious look at it and not made to look like stuff that sells tabloids. It would be nice to draw out someone from the shadows if you will, someone that has information that would be very helpful in figuring this all out. I have a gut feeling that someone out there does know something but is quiet for reasons known only to them.

          Sincerely
          JIm Egger
          Palmer, Alaska

            Jim Egger <aeroqst@...> wrote:
[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Patty
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
              Carole,
              I just can't quite envision Montel doing a show about
              the hum. Maybe what we need is Unsolved Mysteries or
              Art Bell's radio program.
              I want to make a joke about being on the Twilight Zone
              because most days since the hum started, I feel like
              I'm in it.
              Patty

              === message truncated ===

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            • Selene
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
                I suggested Montel because he truly seems to want to help people.  But it doesn't have to be him.  My only suggestion is that it be someone to whom lots of people listen. ~ Carole

                --- Selene <ccarrike@...> wrote:

                > If anyone is interested in trying this, just type
                > montel williams into your search window.  He has a
                > website that provides a place for sending him
                > e-mails.  ~ C
                >
                > Jim Egger <aeroqst@...> wrote:Carole,

                > I agree with getting the message out. I for one have
                > been hearing the hum for at least 5 years and never
                > gave a thought to it being something a LOT of people
                > let alone anyone else was experiencing on a broad
                > basis - world wide no less !  I found out about the
                > hum being so prevalent on a fluke by checking online
                > to see if there was such a thing./ In the short time
                > I have known about it I have learned a lot from all
                > of you and researching information sources. It is to
                > me, a very curious thing and piques my scientific
                > and investigative tendencies fiercely. We NEED a lot
                > of people to get involved to put together the pieces
                > of what seems to be a pretty big puzzle as no one
                > seems to know anything about the source of the hum.
                > If someone does know - then they are not saying
                > which makes it all the more intriguing.

                > The hum thing seems to be a bit on the order of
                > UFO's in that unless everyone experiences it people
                > will give you the odd looks common to looks people
                > that report UFO's get. It apears that resources in
                > the way of equipment and money will be needed to
                > look into what it is and where it is coming from,
                > equipment that I don't have and can't get as I am
                > sure most of us can't. Someone like Montel would be
                > a good way to get some attention. The kind of
                > attention we need is a serious look at it and not
                > made to look like stuff that sells tabloids. It
                > would be nice to draw out someone from the shadows
                > if you will, someone that has information that would
                > be very helpful in figuring this all out. I have a
                > gut feeling that someone out there does know
                > something but is quiet for reasons known only to
                > them.

                > Sincerely
                > JIm Egger
                > Palmer, Alaska