Weather Radar- Oklahoma & Texas

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
      The hum has increased  to about an 8 here now.  It was that way night before last and on into this morning.  In looking at the map on weather.com., I can see the front with the storm line draw across where it has stalled out yesterday and for today. It comes right across the area where I live and has been like that for over 24 hours.  Severe storms with some tornados are expected along it today in Texas and Oklahoma.  If this is a weather tracking radar causing the hum increase and I do believe it is contributing to it, if not the total cause in this instance, they must have this right on the ground and it probably will not be leaving until the front starts moving on out of here.

      I not only  awoke with the hum, but with a tingling feeling on my skin and almost nauseous.

      If you want to look at the good side of this, we got about the largest rain yesterday afternoon that we have had here where I live in  almost 10 years.  It is expected to happen again today along the weather front.  The farmers and ranchers in the area  have needed  this to fill up their stock ponds which have remained  at levels close to dry for years.

      Anne
    • hotnite2
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
        What is the basis to believe weather radar is a likely source of the
        hum? Radar is in the Ghz freq range, doesn't seem likely to me.
        Also, your thread implies that weather radar is somehow focused in a
        particular area associated with an event, eg a front moving in,
        etc. All of the main weather radars are fixed and cover the same
        area continually.