US Navy developed EMF->sound transducer in 1940's

  • hortonhearsahum
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2004
      Very interesting...I wonder where they got the idea for this?

      http://www.whispering-windows.com/news/whale_friendly.cfm

      Possibly from figuring out how some people transduced EMR into sound?
    • P. Crawford
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2004
        Horton, I wanted to tell you that I'm happy you have
        relief/rest/relaxation from the hum, but too that the
        forum needs your insight and input, e.g. the
        unbelievable WSJ article you found.
        Patty
        Sierra foothills, CA
        --- hortonhearsahum <hortonhearsahum@...> wrote:
        > Very interesting...I wonder where they got the idea
        > for this?

        http://www.whispering-windows.com/news/whale_friendly.cfm

        > Possibly from figuring out how some people
        > transduced EMR into sound?

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • hortonhearsahum
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2004
          Thanks for the support and encouragement, Patty.

          I'm not sure which article you're referring to, though...could you re-
          post a link to it?

          I will keep my eye on this forum and post from time to time but with
          so much to do and so little time, chasing down the source of the
          elusive hum I will leave to others for now. I'm also starting to
          think that there are people out there who know very well what causes
          the hum but consider it an unfortunate side effect of their "higher-
          priority" activities. Whether it's submarine ELF communications,
          HAARP, cellular communications, or big oil exploration - the
          organizations behind any of these would be a Goliath to be taken on.
          And if this is the case then we will not only be trying to solve a
          very difficult problem but will also be up against a campaign of
          disinformation and misdirection by the parties involved. It will take
          a great deal of dedication and organization, not to mention superb
          investigation/experimentation abilities. But I will help out in any
          way I can.

          Best regards,

          Horton

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "P. Crawford" <sugarpineinc@y...>
          wrote:
          > Horton, I wanted to tell you that I'm happy you have
          > relief/rest/relaxation from the hum, but too that the
          > forum needs your insight and input, e.g. the
          > unbelievable WSJ article you found.
          > Patty
          > Sierra foothills, CA
          > --- hortonhearsahum <hortonhearsahum@y...> wrote:
          > > Very interesting...I wonder where they got the idea
          > > for this?
          > >

          > http://www.whispering-windows.com/news/whale_friendly.cfm
          > >
          > > Possibly from figuring out how some people
          > > transduced EMR into sound?

          > http://search.yahoo.com
        • P. Crawford
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2004
            Hi again. I was referring to the Whispering Windows
            article in the Wall Street Journal, the link is posted
            below.
            I think the hum is solvable and stoppable. God is an
            optimist, Horton. He saw everything good. All the hum
            needs is some news coverage, and a few influential
            people who are affected by the hum.
            I was reminded today by the post from Australia and
            another from the UK that whatever is going on in
            science or with the military is hurting people, and
            there will be no place to hide if the hum isn't
            stopped.
            I'm still in the process of eliminating possible
            causes that may bring signals into the house--the tv
            antenna comes down tommorow and I made arrangements
            today to replace the electrostatically charged with
            silver, low-e skylights in my house (they leak when it
            rains anyway.)
            Just stay intuitive about what's happening, okay?
            Patty

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Anne
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2004
              Patty,

              Your post below is a very good one. I am glad to see you are positive
              about this. I think we who are having a problem with this, no matter how
              bad it gets, have to believe it will be solved. It probably won't be an
              easy task to get all the information necessary and go through the necessary
              procedures to get it done, but I do believe it is possible.

              I wish to express great appreciation for those who are working at trying to
              help with this. I don't think it is just a few people with the hum
              complaining. It is possible that it is a "first wave", trying to indicate
              that , earth, you have a problem. Lets fix it!! If we decide not to do it,
              the possibility is that the problem becomes greatly increased.

              Is it just a few unluckily people who got this? I doubt it. In fact I have
              even considered the fact, (when I am not suffering so bad with it myself),
              that we who can hear it and are affected by it, might be the lucky ones. I
              know that does not sound so good, but at least we know we are being exposed
              to something in our environment that is not in the best interest for our
              human state..

              Anne

> [...]
              > > a great deal of dedication and organization, not to
              > > mention superb
              > > investigation/experimentation abilities. But I will
              > > help out in any
              > > way I can.
              > >
              > > Best regards,
              > >
              > > Horton
              > >
              > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "P. Crawford"
              > > <sugarpineinc@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > Horton, I wanted to tell you that I'm happy you
              > > have
              > > > relief/rest/relaxation from the hum, but too that
              > > the
              > > > forum needs your insight and input, e.g. the
              > > > unbelievable WSJ article you found.
              > > > Patty
              > > > Sierra foothills, CA
              > > idea
              > > > >

              > http://www.whispering-windows.com/news/whale_friendly.cfm

              > > > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for

            • P. Crawford
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2004
                Anne-thank you for your concern and participation as
                well. Think you're right that people who don't hear
                the hum may be affected by the hum without their
                knowledge. I'm planning to see if the hum is present
                where my sister lives about 100 miles from me.
                Although she doesn't hear anything, she's had
                persistent and severe ear problems, even fainting.
                Thought my Mar 5th post was sent to Horton's personal
                email address...that's okay, Regards to all, Patty

                http://search.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 12, 2004
                  In a message dated 05/03/2004 23:10:25 GMT Standard Time, hortonhearsahum@... writes:
                  I'm also starting to

                  think that there are people out there who know very well what causes
                  the hum but consider it an unfortunate side effect of their "higher-
                  priority" activities. Whether it's submarine ELF communications,
                  HAARP, cellular communications, or big oil exploration - the
                  organizations behind any of these would be a Goliath to be taken on.
                  And if this is the case then we will not only be trying to solve a
                  very difficult problem but will also be up against a campaign of
                  disinformation and misdirection by the parties involved.

                  This 'rings a bell' as we say in England! When British Gas were challenged about whether their installations were involved in the Hum nuisance, they were able to defend themselves very easily: they brought out a glossy (expensive, presumably) report, and dismissed any notion that they were in any way to blame. They suggested that Motorways(USA call them Freeways, I think) were more likely to be the culprits, than, say, their huge compressor stations, which , as we saw on the Sky News item that I was actually in, (with others), when they enter the compressor building, staff have to put on ear defenders(the industrial types that bulldozer drivers, etc use, they are freely available to buy)(the eardefenders, not the drivers...). So that says to me that a high volume of noise, probably LFN, is being produced at those places....I don't know how much of the LFN actually gets out into the environment, as I have not managed to find or visit one yet. Someone I knew did get to visit to listen for Hums, and reported that as he arrived at the place, the Hum was 'on', then as his appointment started, it suddenly went quiet....as if someone had turned it off just while he was there....that was his impression, and it made him even more suspicious....Plus I think it was Bob Lewis (now sadly deceased) of Bristol, England, who used to phone up British Gas in the night to complain of the Hum, and they would say they would 'divert the flow', and the noise went quiter. I don't know whether this makes any sense to anyone here, just trying to draw on many little clues that have turned up over many years.....it's such a puzzle, isn't it....
                  Someone mentioned they thought the Hum was 'omni-present'. The only trouble is, industry is also in so many places , that its noise could reach many miles out from source, so that places you'd expect to be silent could still get the Hum effect.
                  But in England, there are places I know of where one can expect silence, I've checked them repeatedly, and so far, silence. The long wavength of LFN is what makes it able to travel miles from its source/s.