Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: How far do even common LFN sources travel?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      In a message dated 03/12/2004 22:15:28 GMT Standard Time, veu4@... writes:
      I also have experienced the frustration of the direction of  low-
      > frequency noise in general, especially if it blends in with the
      > overall background noise of an area. It seems there is more and
      more
      > commonly used equipment in neighborhoods that create a general
      low-
      > frequency hum.
      >
      > Kevin
      Exactly, Kevin, that is why the general Mystery Hum problem has been so difficult.
      I think hums must blend together, and it is apparently a feature of large LFN noises that they can travel out in a sort of dome shape, and be very difficult to get a direction on.
      R.M.           England.