Re: HUM_FORUM: Earthquake off Aleutian Islands ? ....I doubt it....

  • iprefertruth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2014

      In a message dated 25/06/2014 13:13:58 GMT Daylight Time, humforum@yahoogroups.com writes:

      One other interesting tidbit...I noticed that last night was one of the quietest "hum nights" that I have experienced in quite some time.  Interesting that it occurred on the same day of the 7.9 magnitude earthquake that occurred near the Aleutian Islands off the coast of mainland Alaska.  Did the earth relieve some of it's pent-up tectonic stresses?  Maybe???

      Hi.
      With the greatest respect, we must all be very careful not to
       make what may be spurious links.
      I still think 'The Hum' is many, many different sources,
      airborne, man-made, e.g., from industrial activity, etc.
      I am convinced that LFN can be carried several miles on the wind, and 'mix' with other
      LFN's, to make increases or decreases in volume / loudness to the sufferer.
      it confuses because it seems to travel a long way,
       and people can't see any obvious source.
      I still think it (when I say "it", I mean the many sources,
       that we lump together as a sort of shorthand
      with the name, "The Hum". I'd bet my last dollar that it is
       not one single source travelling around the world,
       but many different sources, in many different countries / places.

      The study by Windsor University, made near Zug Island, was, in my humble opinion,
      very good, and showed a typical source of this widespread problem.
      They used a clever direction finding arrangement of equipment, which
      must be a very useful addition to any research / study.
      I was pleased to see the frequency 35Hz mentioned :
      within my own humble estimated range of nuisance LFN's,
      which I have often suggested are mostly within about 30 to 70 Hz.
      The paper that resulted from the Zug Island study is worth reading,
      if you haven't done so already.
      Sorry I don't have a link for it just now,
       but  I think someone here did post one on Humforum....?
      Please look for :
      'The Windsor Hum' ,
      University of Windsor [Ontario],
      the NVH SQ Research group.