Newbie here

  • dlea2701
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2014

      I have just  found the forum.  I live in Plano, TX, which is about 20 miles north of Dallas.  I have been hearing the hum for several years.  It seems to be getting louder.  It is 24/7.  Glad to know I am not the only one.  I have no health problems which could account for the sound.  We have shut off all the electricity in the house at the box, and stopped the turbine ventilators on the roof but did not help.

    • iprefertruth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2014

        In a message dated 27/06/2014 23:08:01 GMT Daylight Time, humforum@yahoogroups.com writes:

        I have just  found the forum.  I live in Plano, TX, which is about 20 miles north of Dallas.  I have been hearing the hum for several years.  It seems to be getting louder.  It is 24/7.  Glad to know I am not the only one.  I have no health problems which could account for the sound.  We have shut off all the electricity in the house at the box, and stopped the turbine ventilators on the roof but did not help.

      • bridger82923
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 29, 2014
          Don't you have a lot of drilling activity there?  That was my hum....gas field drilling.

          ---In humforum@yahoogroups.com, <dlea2701@...> wrote :

          I have just  found the forum.  I live in Plano, TX, which is about 20 miles north of Dallas.  I have been hearing the hum for several years.  It seems to be getting louder.  It is 24/7.  Glad to know I am not the only one.  I have no health problems which could account for the sound.  We have shut off all the electricity in the house at the box, and stopped the turbine ventilators on the roof but did not help.

        • Donna Lane
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2014
            There is a lot of drilling in Texas, but not in my area.  And it has been going on for longer than they have been fracking in an area 100 miles away.  Good thought, though.  I wondered about cell phone towers.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2014
              Donna,
               Welcome to the group. Basically, all of us in the forum here have considered the cell phone tower transmissions, microwave tower transmissions, and all of the known military tower transmissions and most of us do not feel that this has any correlation to the hum. The members in this forum are from worldwide locations and this is a worldwide phenomena. That simple fact rules out a lot of U.S. or other known military sources barring HAARP , because we have not been able to ascertain which HAARP facilities are truly active or not around the world as well as other things.
               Basically, what we here in the forum have ascertained is that there are several different groups of "hum" sources or types. One group on here feels their hum has an industrial source, big factories/industry, natural gas lines, wifi utility transmissions, fracking, etc. Frequently this is more regional and can be proven in some areas to exist by standing waves in pools of water, just to name one indicator, or by other scientific means. The next group on the forum have many physical symptoms sometimes involving their whole body. There are many complicated medical conditions that can contribute to the hearing of the hum and those can cause some very serious health issues. Another group on here have no confirmed source for their hum. They cannot contribute their hum to any of other sources that I mentioned above and most feel their hum is from the Earth itself, and/or things happening with regards to the Earth or the solar system. They/ I cannot find any correlation to any for of man made source at all. There is no weather relationship that can be discerned in this group of "humlings".
               We all are trying to support each other on here, no matter the source, and are trying to cope with the impact of hearing the hum and all that that entails.
               A lot of the members here are science based/trained/educated professionals and as the result a lot of theories as to the source have been thoroughly investigated and ruled out by most of us on here, including cell phone towers. The real source or sources still has yet to be confirmed but we have ruled out a lot by testing, investigation, comparing notes, and simple logic. Our discussions here help us to have a more clear focus on what is really happening with our hums regardless of the differing possible sources.
              I hope this has helped to better explain the perspectives here on the forum.
              Blessings,
              Suzie

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2014

                In a message dated 01/07/2014 10:41:21 GMT Daylight Time, humforum@yahoogroups.com writes:
                 A lot of the members here are science based/trained/educated professionals and as the result a lot of theories as to the source have been thoroughly investigated and ruled out by most of us on here, including cell phone towers. The real source or sources still has yet to be confirmed but we have ruled out a lot by testing, investigation, comparing notes, and simple logic. Our discussions here help us to have a more clear focus on what is really happening with our hums regardless of the differing possible sources.
                I hope this has helped to better explain the perspectives here on the forum.
                Blessings,
                Suzie
                The highlighted parts in the excerpt above back up
                what I have said for many years.
                Yes, there may be mechanisms as yet not understood,
                 but I still think we have to look at simple logical ideas
                and experiments, before launching into more exotic theories.
                If people complain of a noise,then we look first for a noise.
                And if  they  know where to go to escape it ,
                i.e., find perfect silence, e.g., in a deep cave or cathedral crypt, etc.,
                then that suggests their noise is acoustic, external.
                Many Hums have been recorded and reproduced  : I've done it myself,
                using comparitively unsophisticated equipment,
                e.g., D.A.T. recorder,
                or a digital recorder with a decent microphone
                ( good, but not even top quality).
                An anechoic chamber is no guarantee of silence,
                 as shown to me at I.S.V.R., Southampton :
                 the computer monitor still showed some readings,
                and I could hear a low hum,
                maybe from the building's systems.
                So I was pleased to see the computer screen / monitor
                registering small 'spikes' , mainly around 33-35Hz....
                Many , many installations, commercial or industrial, make LFN :
                it's very widespread, so that's where I look first .
                Seems logical to do that....yes?
                People often say they are getting 'vibrations' :
                 well, apart from the fact that acoustic noise
                is audible via the air vibrating,
                if they claim that , for example,
                "The whole house is shaking...",
                then that is easy to measure,
                with a seismometer.
                How many have tested this ?
                It's no good just stating that ' vibrations ' are present :
                you have to have some sort of evidence to back that up.
                Even worth a try is my  simple idea of a large flat - ish bowl of water,
                say a washing-up bowl - let it ' settle ',
                then  shine a table lamp  on the surface, keep perfectly still,
                 and watch the surface , from a point where you
                can see the reflection of the light source.
                Surely the surface would move very slightly ,
                visibly, if vibrations were present.
                A while ago, a gentleman made a short video of his
                outdoor pool, which he said was vibrating
                from 'The Hum'.
                I think he was claiming it was ground-borne
                (I think that unlikely, from all I have read over 27 years) .
                The 'catch' there was that in the background you could see
                foliage moving slightly,
                suggesting there was a slight breeze present in the garden .
                I have a flat water-filled bird  bath here ,
                and when seen  from my kitchen window, it reflects the sky.
                There only has to be the very slightest air movement,
                for the surface to move very slightly.
                You can see how someone could mistake this effect for
                ' vibrations'.
                That's why if you want to use that simple, cost-free experiment
                 to  look for  evidence of vibrations,
                 there must be still air : no draughts, e.g.,
                a closed room, indoors .
                When I had 'The Hum',  in the early days, I thought
                 I could feel vibrations in the sternum area,
                but I think now this may have been stress.
                I did suffer greatly with  ' The Hum', mainly, I am
                 convinced,  because prescription drugs (benzo-diazepines)
                were making my hearing super-sensitive.
                This can apparently also happen with some
                 medical conditions, e.g., fibromyalgia.

                I did not feel 'vibrations', nor did I get nose-bleeds, or ear pain.
                Just picking up an acoustic noise, which was not present in
                Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset, England, nor in Winchester Cathedral,
                 or Romsey Abbey.
                Plus several other areas, I think listed in the long
                document kindly taken by our N.H.S. at

                It is all very complicated,
                with many facets.

                Thanks everyone, stick with it :