H.A.A.R.P. shut down

  • stonehollowmn
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 28, 2014
      I have to confess I'm surprised (maybe shocked) no one has noted that HAARP (Alaskas High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) has been shut down since May 2013, considering the vociferous comments over the years.

      http://www.arrl.org/news/haarp-facility-shuts-down

      http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140127/air-force-plans-pull-plug-alaskas-controversial-haarp-facility

      http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/07/well-cant-use-haarp-as-the-ultimate-excuse-anymore-its-closed/
    • Stringpickin
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 28, 2014

        Personally this is the first time I have heard that the U.S.  Haarp has shut down..  In my case it coincides perfectly with when the “HUM” disappeared. As I noted just a few weeks ago that it has been nearly a year since I have been plagued by the Hum..  right in the groove/timeline.   I have always suspected haarp as a possibility..   I wonder if the UK counterpart is still up and running..  http://the-tap.blogspot.com/2011/10/britains-haarp-base-revealed.html

        string

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 29, 2014
            There are more than one HAARP sites.
            JAZ
            "In God we Trust"
            JAZ:-D

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 29, 2014

              HAARP has NOT been shut down, only its website. The proof is here:

              http://wakeupcallnews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/hoax-haarp-is-shutdown-story-being.html

              Just scroll down the page to see the unclassified DARPA document.

            • Arne
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 29, 2014

                There is only one HAARP site (Gakona, Alaska, USA – 3.6 MW).  There are several other ionospheric heater sites, with much lower power capability.

                ·         EISCAT- Tromsø, Norway (1.2 MW)

                ·         SPEAR at Longyearbyen in Svalbard, Norway (192 kW)

                ·         Sura near Nizhniy Novgorod in Russia (750kW)

                ·         HIPAS near Fairbanks, Alaska, USA (1.2 MW)

                From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JAZ :)

                There are more than one HAARP sites.

                JAZ

                "In God we Trust"

                JAZ:-D

              • wfbarto
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 30, 2014
                  Interesting that the date of May 2013 coincided with many of our experiences in the cessation of the hum over the summer months.  It is also interesting that the first link posted above says: "The only bright spot on HAARP’s horizon right now is that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is expected on site as a client to finish up some research this fall and winter. DARPA has nearly $8.8 million in its FY 14 budget plan to research “physical aspects of natural phenomena such as magnetospheric sub-storms, fire, lightning and geo-physical phenomena.”  This fall and winter is when some of us began hearing the hum again.

                  The second link above confirms that the fall of 2013 saw the HAARP start up again by saying "

                  Last summer the facility was temporarily shut down, but Ahtna Facility Services took over the operations and maintenance Sept. 30."

                  On or about Sept 30th 2013, I began hearing the hum again!  Very interesting coincidence with the dates.  Let's hope it gets shut down for good!
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 30, 2014
                    Interesting that a lot of us have not heard it most of the winter. I was included until I heard it very lightly night before last. It was not as penetrating as usual though, and the volume was very low. I hope it stays quiet!
                    I had lucked out for many months now and I am not looking forward to hearing it again by any means.
                     I thought the HAARP theory was a real possibility until I started hearing it again. Perhaps the source is overseas.
                    Blessings to all,
                    Suzie

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 31, 2014
                          Over time the consensus of opinion within the hum group here is that there are different hums with different causes. Based on what you are describing I'd have to guess that yours may be caused by the gas lines or other man made local sources. Mine is not, because of the silent breaks. My silent periods, by and large, match many of the other hum victims within the group here. Many of us with this kind of hum feel that ours is not necessarily from man made sources, though we are open to any possibility.
                           I wish you well there. Perhaps you could move away from it.
                          After traveling around a bit, I can say moving doesn't rid me of mine at all when it's humming.
                           I still want to know what happened to my ears that has allowed me to hear it? The hum was being reported for many years before I began to hear it. So something changed within my ears, and I would guess that we all are similar in whatever changes have occurred that has allowed us to hear it.
                           Just my two cents.
                          Blessings to you and yours!
                          Suzie

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 31, 2014

                            Dee,

                            I'm in Clarks Summit (Northeastern PA).  The hum is constant here too.

                            There never was a hum here until hydrofracking started in the area (in the county right next to where I live).   I truly believe it's from the high pressure gas lines.

                            Dolores

                          • dee benedetto
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 31, 2014
                              Dolores,
                              Yes fracking is going on in the Marshellus Shale, I have been wondering if I have been feeling that too.
                              It is constant here in Columbia, NJ. There has to be a common denominator. Do you have underground utilities? My feeling is that it is a vibration.

                              Dee

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 31, 2014

                                Traveling has not helped me.  In recent years I have heard the hum in NY, CT, and MA as well as anywhere I have gone in PA.  Where ever I go, I hear it.  Last time I "heard silence" was in Cape Cod in June 2012.   Was back in Cape Cod June 2013 and the hum was there.

                              • rosieocod210
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 31, 2014

                                  Dee,

                                  No, there are no underground utilities close by.  But I would say the gas lines cause noise and vibrations.  The noise came first, and then as it got closer and more intense, the vibrations started.  I have heard the hum and felt vibraiionst as far west as Pittsburgh.  Have felt the vibrations in NY and MA as well.  Have heard the hum in many towns in PA, NY, CT and MA.  I can't even run away from it.  No matter where I travel, it's there.

                                  Dolores

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 1, 2014
                                    There is currently no hum here in northwest Indiana, except faintly a few nights ago and it was only for a couple of hours.
                                    Suzie

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 2, 2014
                                      Dee (s)
                                      Most everyone on the forum knows of my convictions about the source here, so I won't repeat.  The HUM and vibrations began here in Brookfield CT right after major changes to increase pressure and capacity were done to the existing HP NG transmission lines, for me started sensing mid 2009.  I got a call from a home in Newtown recently where I visited it and found severe Hum and vibrations, the homeowner claims occurring for 9 years.  This coincides with the last major expansion done to one of the lines that goes under the LI Sound.  This home is in Sandy Hook CT and far worse than my home 3 miles from there.

                                      The hum is real, for most external and is affecting people in ways you can't imagine.

                                      And yes there are other LFN point sources, but here, and it sounds like in Clarks Summit PA, our source is from these expasnisve pipeline systems.

                                      Steve

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 3, 2014

                                        Steve,

                                        I started hearing the hum around mid 2009 also.

                                        Dee from PA (Dolores)