Antipode

  • Lisle Daverin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2014

      Hey blue, I will def try the air pressure test in a pool soonest.  Thanks for the reminder (craft). Hum's not too bad tonight after a teeth-chattering few evenings.
      I had a word with my audiologist
      (have worn hearing aids for 15 years +), she says the latest ones can be programmed to include white noise and can be worn through the night. Fingers crossed, it may be a device for all of us to consider if successful.
      Sorry to hear you're under 24/7. Good grief .. 16 years is a long, long time. How do you survive? Do you think that since it's all the time for you now that the hum is somehow quickening,  coming to an end-point?
      You'll know Bloem is about three hours' drive from here, sorry there's no quiet for your wife.
      Stay strong boet. Lisle

    • bluefalcon8881
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2014

        Hey Lisle,

        "How do you survive? Do you think that since it's all the time for you now that the hum is somehow quickening,  coming to an end-point? "These  are all questions I have asked my self many times............

        The hum is very constant, very loud and penetrates everything!

        I can feel it vibrate  on my eardrums inside my house as well as on the out side of the house and the entire neighborhood

        I am busy painting my house on the outside at the moment. Every day I am on the scaffolding busy sanding and painting I can hear this droning noise aka "THE HUM" that makes my life a living nightmare......

        I can feel it on my pillow when I try to get some sleep at night

        I am  woken every day at around 2 am by the hum and then it takes me more than 1 hour to get back to sleep, waking, every half hour till day break......

        There is no end, every day after work, I drive into my garage and turn my car's engine off and I get surrounded by the hum like a swarm of bees....it is truly disgusting and moral destroying stuff

        I have contacted local council and they have not helped at all,( they refer one to send an email and file the complaint that way ) and that is a dead end road

        I try and convince myself it will get better, but the bottom line is it wont, as I lived this for many years

        Fight or flight.....?

        I have fought and I think I am to old to fly............and where to?????????? ( maybe Aitutaki )

        All is not bad , as I am alive and can type this letter whilst  drinking a bitterly cold beer :-)

        All the best,

        blue