Hum's back

  • Lisle Daverin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2014

      Hi all. Best wishes for 2014.
      After a blissful fortnight of near-quiet over the holidays the hum started up again with a vengence on Monday night. Did anyone notice the lull? Business pretty much shuts down here in Jhb, South Africa,  from December 20 to Jan 6. It was the same last year this time; hum dulls  to an acoustic whine in the distance, like a microphone inadvertently left on. Now it's rumbling like a factory engine next door. How is one to cope? It's so unfair. It has been about 13 months now since this thing upended my life. I believe hypnotherapy helps in the process of habituation. Good grief. I am in my early 40s, and quail to think my remaining time alive will be so deeply compromised. Sorry, a bit of self-pity creeping in.  I can hardly believe this is happening to us, and that nothing substantial appears to be afoot to find a solution.
      Warm regards,
      Lisle

    • JD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2014

        Maybe the sun is affecting -- or effecting -- the Hum?

        JD

        From: SpaceWeather.com <swlist@...>
        Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 14:39:47 -0500
        Subject: Huge Sunspot Erupts

        Space Weather News for Jan. 7, 2014
        http://spaceweather.com

        STRONG SOLAR ACTIVITY:  One of the largest sunspots in years, AR1944, has turned toward Earth and it is crackling with strong flares.  So far on Jan. 7th, the active region has produced M7- and X1-class eruptions, and more appear to be in the offing.  As this alert is being issued, analysts are waiting for more data from solar observatories to clarify the possibility of CME impacts and geomagnetic storms in the days ahead.  For updates, stay tuned to http://spaceweather.com.

        SOLAR FLARE ALERTS:  Would you like a call the next time sunspot AR1944 erupts? X-flare alerts are available from http://spaceweathertext.com (text) and http://spaceweatherphone.com (voice).