Observation under water

  • bluefalcon8881
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2013
      I have today done something that might help us understand the hum

      I have a swimming pool at my house, about 27 000 liters in capacity

      I have been in the pool many times before listening to the hum under water, and without fail  it's there, every time

      The pool has a 75 mm diameter hole at it's deepest end, about 6 feet under water
      This hole provides me a place where I can hold onto whilst I am under water
      I use my fingers from both hands and place them into this hole
      By pulling sideways I manage to keep myself stationary under water for as long as I want to

      Today, I tried the same thing , but this time I used my knuckles to pinch my nose and blow to equalized the pressure in my head ( If you have done snorkeling or scuba diving you will be familiar with this)

      Once I have done that, the hum was gone...........

      I repeated this about 10 times, and every time I had the same result, NO HUM

      I can hold my breath for only so long, so this is not a cure for the hum but it might spark one of our clever members into what is causing our dilemma

      I would like to hear if there are other hummers that can try this and see if they get the same result.........

      I am going to do this again tomorrow

      Merry Christmas to all
      blue
    • Geoff Carlaw