Loud in Johannesburg

  • Lisle Daverin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2013

      The hum,  a misnomer those so afflicted would agree, is loud tonight, Monday, Novermber 18 2013 in Johannesburg, SA. Most recently I have added Johannesburg to the list of  Hum places on Wikipedia. An earlier entry was for some reason deleted. Available reference texts mostly exclude South Africa despite there being an investigative media report by Special Assignment aired on national television.
      I detailed my experience with the noise in an  email  to this address a week ago but  have received no response.
      It started abruptly in September or October 2012 at my former address. It was the chief motivation for me selling my home and moving after a year-long battle with various authorities, fliers to my neighbours, as well as the residents' association point man.  None could hear what I was complaining so incessantly and vocally about. I had my hearing checked to see if my tinnitus had taken some terrible turn for the worst. In my new, rented place I had a night's peace and then was woken in the early hours by the din. My new landlady, via a friend, suggested the Taos Hum phenomenon could be the source.  It definitely is, and knowing this brings some relief. But the noise is so loud I feel compelled to stay in touch with you guys, people who know what it's about and how invasive it is. It's clearly a global problem and is receiving way too little attention since more and more people are being affected. I will need to move from my new place, but to where? I believe it is geographically bound, which gives me some hope of escape. I sold my house AND  left my job because of sheer fatigue.  Nights battling to sleep, the constant thrum a relentless companion. Earplugs don't work, but I have found listening to music on earphones reduces the noise, the benefits of which continue for a few hours after the music is off.
        I  told quite a few people  and have been ignored or treated as a crazy person. So I don't mention it any more. But will continue to do research and will approach  Wits and UJ universities about it now that I have time to devote to the issue.
      After reading up on web coverage I find it frustrating that local investigations tend to focus on local environments for explanations when clearly this is on a global scale and macro factors, electromagnetic or otherwise, should be rigorously investigated. It's also not audible to all so why is conventional sound recording equipment still being used? These questions are mostly likely echoes.
      If there is anyone nearby, in Johannesburg or surrounds, who wants/needs to talk or needs support I would be most relieved to do so.
      Lisle Daverin

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2013
        Lisle
        I am in CT USA.  Same problems developed here in mid 2009 after the natural gas transporter pipeline companies made huge modifications to their systems in 2008.  It's so bad here that I have videoed pool water vibrating and standing waves.  Submitted to our government numerous times and get head in the sand response.

        Are there High Pressure Natural Gas transmission gas lines within 25 miles of your home?

        Steve in CT

        PS- the masking sounds of String 207 and the You Tube Boeing 777-3000 Cabin Sound, work very good to neutralize the hearing of the harsh tonal sound.  Problem is the body is still being bombarded.

        On Monday, December 2, 2013 3:16 PM, Lisle Daverin <pangaban1@...> wrote:

[...]

      • bluefalcon8881
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2013

          Hi Lisle,

          I am an ex Johannesburg-er, now living in New Zealand for the last 16 years

          I started hearing the hum in 1998 only in the early hours of the morning ( 2 to 4 am) and I told my wife that the kiwis were crazy to work at that hour......sounded like big diesel earth movers in the distance

          Now I hear it 24/7 and its very loud

          I traveled to South Africa 3 years ago and I heard the hum in Pietersburg, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Stellenbosch and Arniston

          I went on a kiting holiday to Aitutaki in the Cook islands in August of this year and I could not hear the hum there for the first  three days and it was pure bliss.....and then it was back but only 10% of what I hear in Auckland

          There are only about 1000 people on the island and there is no high voltage power lines nor any gas lines

          The only thing that was common was that they had one Cell phone provider......

          At my home in Auckland , I am surrounded by 22 Cell towers in a 2 Km radius..........

          Now I don't know whether the towers has something to do with my dilemma

          "I will need to move from my new place, but to where?" I keep asking myself the same question

          Regards

          Blue

        • James Townsend
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2013
            Hi,
            Yes it's definitely in New Zealand.
            I first noticed it in 2001.
            I live in a small village next to a hydro-electric power station and always suspected that as the culprit, but I have heard it in many places around the country. Once I went up a large mountain near here and it was strong up there, which makes me wonder if it is a natural vibration, the earth's "heartbeat", maybe...
            Regards,
            James.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 22, 2013
              Blue, as everyone knows my feelings, and even thou I am a proponent about the hum source here of gas lines, I DO believe there are other sources thou. They too need to be investigated. Too many people having mental and health issues, simply by not knowing the source. Regardless of the actual harm to the body.
              I do believe the majority of the hum in the US are the lines, but yes there are many point sources, like In Massena NY. Take a look at my map in the files, I hope you'll see why I am so convinced about the lines. Of course there is allot more research supporting my position.

              Happy Holidays

              PS -Being in the Northeast US I can only dream of being in the places you mentioned

              Sent from Steve's iPhone and I appologize for typo's and auto corrects